SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Type?

Price?

Venting to Atmosphere or Recirc? ( be honest! )

impressions?

·
fabricator
841 Posts
Greddy type-s seems to be pretty popular among the turbo se-r's, mainly because there aren't that many that have a straight tube coming out of to clamp the recirc hose onto. search online for a good price. Its what I'm running.

I'm sure you've seen the debate many times here, but DO NOT think about running the BOV open ( not recirculating ) there is NO reason to do this except for the riceboy-noise. It will make the car run rich when you let off the gas, and cause shitty drivability. Sometimes it'll stall, as i understand it. Just don't do it; its not worth the "cool" noise. The ECU really doesn't like it.

·
Army Boosted
565 Posts
Stock BOV over here, being recirculated into the intake piping. the sound is awesome, when blows off sounds better then some aftermarket ones. Although mine is recirculated, my car tends to stall at idle after hitting the throttle. My car when idling is always between 18-20 vacuum, so any help on this problem i am having will be very helpful!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
SE-Rious B14 said:
Stock BOV over here, being recirculated into the intake piping. the sound is awesome, when blows off sounds better then some aftermarket ones. Although mine is recirculated, my car tends to stall at idle after hitting the throttle. My car when idling is always between 18-20 vacuum, so any help on this problem i am having will be very helpful!!
Same over here, but vac has always been at 12. Andreas told me that it should read 16-20. I dont see that happening espeically having the S4's in, I think you lose vac when you run beefy cams anyway.

But yeah, the stock BOV has a great sound, I love it, even though it recirculates! :D

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
1G DSM recirculated back to the intake..You can barely hear it!

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
a guy i know has that hks bov on his alltrax (fast car bwt) and its loud when driving on the hyw a few car lenths in front i can hear it

·
Registered
58 Posts
OK guys, have a question about the hks blow off valve,

the screw on the top, is it suppose to be turned up or down all the way? i'm have some boost problems here and can't figure it out. just thought i'd toss this question out here cause i hate bugging a certian person for my stupid questions.

·
Registered
782 Posts
BOV

Greddy Type "R"

The more to turn the screw in, the more the valve will remain closed. If the screw is set out to much, it will leak under high boost.

·
Turbo owns you!!!!!!!!
781 Posts
I have always wanted the HKS super sequential blow off valve. Do they make this recirculating. The Greddy type s recirculating would be quite nice too. How much are these blow off valves??

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
and you can hear him about 2 blocks away, lol

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
VVRRRROOOOOMMMMMM........**PSHHH**.........VRRRRROOOMMMM....:)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a GReddy Type R set very soft, per Mike Kojima and Clark Steppler's advice. I have it set to juts begin opening at 10 inHg of vacuum. I had to cut a coil off the spring to get it set like this.

It works very well and never leaks under boost.

If you want it to open even faster and be a little louder, you can wire in a solenoid that allows boost to reach the lower port of the BOV under closed throttle conditions. The boost udner the diaphragm will help force the valve open faster.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts