SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heys guys I think I bew My motor this weekend and im taking it to the mechanic to find out for sure..... If it is im gunna get a new one real fast and i was wondering if installing the same enine is hard....if you guys have any tips and tricks please let me know because im going to try and put it in my self with my friends thanks ... {I have a 96 ser and i might buy a 95 enigne}

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Go Primera like I did!!!!
cheap 10 hp and alot less then a USDM motor.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
smoothdaddy where did you get your engine... was it local because i noticed you live in tampa. I live in orlando and there arent any motors for sale around here

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Se-RiousRacer said:
smoothdaddy where did you get your engine... was it local because i noticed you live in tampa. I live in orlando and there arent any motors for sale around here
Oh my god, bro, you are right next door!!!
I got my motor from Miami.
I drove down 3.5 hours to pick it up. Well worth it.
Its on and Im loving it. Are you doing the swap yourself?
If not I know someone who can.
The engine will cost around 6 bills. $600.
Let me know and I'll hook you up.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
I just got done with the swap last night.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinkging on doing the swap my self but have been told that it might be difficult. How long did it take you to do your swap???? Do you know of anyone that can do my swap in your area or mine????

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I know the "MAN" that can do it.
He does it part time so it takes him a while. But I tell you what, My swap came out SPECTACULAR!!! It was cleaned and shined and done right. Call up Jay Whitely here in Tampa @ (Tampa)-546-3524. Real cool young guy. Tell him Jonathan sent ya!!
He can answer alot of questions too. I redid all my seals and gave the engine a hell-ified tune up while it was off. As well as get a new clutch and throttle cable. For parts I would call up brain at www.courtesyparts.com
Talk to brian.
He knows about SE-Rs.
I ordered all my parts thru him and got all the right pieces.
They are in Texas so it takes a few days for parts to get here, but why not support a SE-R friendly place. :D :cool:

I'll have pics of my swap tonight in the general forum.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
what are your engine symptoms?
What is it doing?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ummm ....im pretty sure that its dead or in a bad coma...lol

·
Army Boosted
565 Posts
I have a feeling Se-Rious Racer's motor is another victim of the Go-Go Juice. Do what I did when i blew my motor in my 96', go DET. Nothing like boost...you could get a nice bluebird with turbo and everything for a cool 1500-2000, maybe less or more I don't know...but go Boost!

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
91SDClassicSE-R said:
how much on an average would you think it will cost to get a bluebird into my car including all the needparts and install? just curious hehe
I'll tell you as soon as i get everything ordered...so far Walboro fuel pump, JWT ECU, and BB motor already bought. $2631.51

·
Registered
174 Posts
Se-RiousRacer said:
If you need a Primera engine that I got from SOKO but decided not to do the swap. I'm in Lakeland, FL and I'll sell it to you at cost. It is very clean.

e-mail me: [email protected]

·
Registered
52 Posts
serracer01- whered did you order your bbdet motor from??? how much was just the motor??

Andrew how come youre not doing the primera swap??? is your motor the one with 10:1 compression?? if so how much did you pay for it???

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
I received my BB motor from Andres in Miami. Jay Whitely and I took off the valve cover and bling you can see yourself in the head...Very clean motor. He took off the AWD tranny, welded on some studs and shaved the oil pan. Very nice job. My motor came off a 96 so no top mount intercooler. I'm sure he has some top mount ones in stock. paid $2000 for it. I'm sure he has a GTiR motor laying around to so you can ask him on the price for that if you want.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.