SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anybody in here has done the bluebird swap to a altima or know anybody who has done it. im planning on do it to my car im just trying to figure out how hard it is and what problems people have run into with the swap.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Check out JGYCustoms. They're actually modding their orange altima to accomidate the bluebird motor right now. It's the orange one on their site. There's a few pics on the site and if you call you may be able to talk to Jason or Shaun about it.

David

·
Registered
378 Posts
i no the kid who owns that car (the orange altima) with the skyline headlights. it is going to be insane he lives i think in the jersey area with a car club called sigma extreme it going going to be insane at shows this year

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice thanks man, im hoping to get the engine in a couple of weeks. i just need to figure out all the little things still. do you have aol instant messanger or msn?

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
u can make the altima AWD WITH U13 MOTOR.. your just gonna need alot ofshit... shiftlinkage,gas tank, rear diff, awd tranny(manual) you can get it done liek that but your gonna need most of the car for that though. to fit the FWD tranny on.. an just drop in fwd u13 it can be done just lil hard to mount the tranny in

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
I've been thinking of doing the same thing on my U12 in the summer. Hopefully my project will happen in due time.

·
Registered
378 Posts
i heard from a friend of mine that that kid who got that done was not happy with the work and in the end is in the process of taking it out of his car... i am saying nothing bad about jgy they have been awesome with me in the past times i have talked to them.... just that i no the kid who is in the club with the guy that got this done and he was not happy...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You could just turbo the KA. I'd go with that instead on the altima. A lot less of a hassle. Ka's can take boost if built right plus you got 2.4 liter displacement, and the stronger altima tranny.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i was thinkin about just turboing the 2.4 but the kit is like 5000 and the bluebird engine i can get for about 1600 for the whole front clip. the 2.4 would be more power though. but i would want to change out the pistons though which would be about 600 bucks for decent ones. thanks for all the input

·
MYSPACE.COM/STREETARMOUR
684 Posts
I just sold my 1997.5 Altima GXE, and I was goint o install a BB into it with beefed up intercooler & piping and a Greddy BOV. A race car Fabricating geneous @ (Crawford's Kustomz) in PHX was going to install it. After all the math and pricing and beers. One of the shafts looked like it was going to have to be made custom for the car. & lots of crap would be needed from a wrecked b14 to make everything mesh right. after all of this the sticker price was $6800.00 USD. The turbo kit that F-Max makes and pistons $ rods where & $3800.00 for the kit and $425.00 for the pistons(Wiseco) $371.00 for the rods (Eagle) labor $500.00 + $200.00 misc. $5296.00 total. If you use a tranny form an SE Altima that has LSD your in... Check altimas.net there is one BB implanted Alti in there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dude that is a lot of money. did you get a front clip just the engine? cause im getting a whole front clip even for 1600 and the engine is in good shape. so i won't have to do any internal mods. just get a front mt. intercooler. but i think im gonna use the stock supra side mount and just make it a front mount.

·
MYSPACE.COM/STREETARMOUR
684 Posts
With a BB front clip it came out to 6800.00 installed and tuned by Crawford's Kustomz and if I built the KA24 it would of been 5296.00 give or take a hundred...

Very costly but if you got the $$ anything can be done

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Go for it man! It isn't tooo hard a swap.

Brent

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm currently swapping a GTiR SR20det engine into my 93 Altima.Doing all the work myself. It's a complete custom job..From the mounts to wiring it's not an easy task.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how far are you on the install? and would you suggest using that engine over a blubird?i would think the the blubird just for the fact it came out of an altima but i like to have options.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nismo5042 said:
how far are you on the install? and would you suggest using that engine over a blubird?i would think the the blubird just for the fact it came out of an altima but i like to have options.
Bluebird swap is easier for sure. I just wanted something nobody has. I had to order a flywheel and the clutch had to be custom made so that set me back bit. I should be done in about a month. The main problems are going to be the mounts and axles. I'll let you know how they go once I get there. I plan on taking plenty of pics. Also my s/n on altimas.net is jaltima.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts