SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased washer lights. I need help in installing them. Where/how is the best way to wire them to my parking lights? Any help would be great!
:confused:

·
Registered
909 Posts
YO! You could wire them to your strobes! That would be hot if you could get them to blink with your strobes!!! Im still saving money for mine. But as soon as I save the $40 Im gonna get 2 sets and mount one on the side like marking light. I cant afford real marking lights so I will use these! Do you know where I can get a 3 foot supra style wing for mad cheep? It doesnt have to be the right color I will just slap it on any way. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LED Washer Lights

That is an idea. BUT how? I know how to pull them out, but can't figure out how to wire them. I don't want a lot of wire showing. Have you tried Ebay for a wing? They probably won't have one, but they have a lot of different links to companies that may.:)

·
Registered
727 Posts
YO! You could wire them to your strobes! That would be hot if you could get them to blink with your strobes!!! Im still saving money for mine. But as soon as I save the $40 Im gonna get 2 sets and mount one on the side like marking light. I cant afford real marking lights so I will use these! Do you know where I can get a 3 foot supra style wing for mad cheep? It doesnt have to be the right color I will just slap it on any way.

........BWWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh god make it stop!!! AHAHAAHHAHAHAA.....

"STOP......ok keep doing it " :D

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Lol..funny shiet MarC...but yeah if you don't feel like running wires into your car you could tap into the wire that reads 12V on your parking light while the light is on. Or if you want to do it the right way you can find the parking light wire underneath your dash and tap into it. If you have a B14 its a white wire on the left side of your underdash. Hope this helps....enjoy your light bro!

·
Registered
909 Posts
for real though the best thing for you to lay them on the ground, one in front of each tire and get in your car and do a huge smokey burn out on them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:p

Hahahah. Have you tried that? Nah, I think I would like to keep these ones. Thanks!:)

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Not so much hassle as, I hate to say it, "Rice" factor...besides..I think they are illegal to have on the road...the have a forward facing blue light.this is reserved for law enforcement as you know. Most people here would say that was $40.00 you could have put towards a performance part...but...that is just opinion, and you DO have the right to do what you like to your car.but, don't expect everyone to agree with it..stay cool..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I on other hand, do like them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I did hear about them being illegal. I figure it's a risk I will take. They also say hanging stuff from your rearview mirror is illegal. Not much happens on that. Thankfully, I only paid ten bucks for these. So, if all else fails..not much money lost.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Probably true. But, I really like the lights on the hood. If I don't like it once they are installed, I can always redo it. I used to have a '96 Honda Del Sol SI, but a semi truck hit me.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, that's what I said. Especially when he flipped down the embankment to the river and I went spinning. He rolled over my whole car. Barely missed my roof. Which is a miracle. The roof was only held up by 4 pegs. BUT on the flip side, I now have my 200sx. A little more room and a few more options. Such as pass through and can seat more then my dog.

·
Registered
163 Posts
grannygee said:
Probably true. But, I really like the lights on the hood. If I don't like it once they are installed, I can always redo it. I used to have a '96 Honda Del Sol SI, but a semi truck hit me.
Dang you got hit by a semi in a Del Sol and are alive to tell the tale that is amazing:eek:

Anyway what I really want to know is where these silly lights came from all the sudden. I first saw them like two weeks ago some guy in a Civic pulls up on my rear end with these things I just thought what the... Few day later my friend tells me that he installed these things on another friends Eclipse, and I am seeing posts on these all the timeWTF!!! The worst part is my buddy put similar things on his 98 Mustang :( where the litte fake hood scoops are on the hood he filled those with about 20 Yellow leds that he rigged to the blinkers, but they are not too bad I guess because they are only on with the blinkers and in unision.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay. Now not only is the mustang a classic, but beautiful car. Why in the world did he mess up that scoop? Yikes! AND how did he get so many on there? I got my lights through Ebay. They have blue, green, red, white ones out now. I am quite sure other colors too. They have been out for a bit.

Yep, still here to tell my tales. VERY thankful. The police thought I had done something wrong, because I wasn't dead or it wasn't worse. The driver and I made it out without any broken bones. A lot of pain and bruises..ouch! I think he had a little more soreness then myself. He had me as one impact, 2nd impact railing, 3rd telephone pole, 4th going upside down..down a hill.

·
Old
744 Posts
MarC said:
no I have not tried that but that is what I woud do if someone gave me a set.
Christmas is coming up. ;) lol

1 - 20 of 46 Posts