SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what a good price for a BlueBird DET is, and any good places to get one?

------------------
Lost without my SE-R.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
A good price would be $500...j/k. I think the typical price is @$1500. They may go for more if it has the IC intack but you should use a FM IC anyway. Try calling SOKO and talking to Cheston. He's the guy I dealt with. I think their #'s on the SE-R.net aftermarket vendors page.

Mike

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was wonderin has anyone ever ran the intercooler up top with no probs? I think it would be dope to go top mount and not show that intercooler (sleeper). So when everyone expects that you jus have a old beat up sentra (mine) noone will now the beast you have within. GrrRrRr!! Vrroooom PsshT Vrooom

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think a practical vent on a hood won't make it look anymore stock than it's non-vented hood. Jus as long as it isn't one of those Honduhfied vented carbon-fiber hood. Of course I wouldn't mind a cf hood at all.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
There are actualy quite a few people that are running the top mount IC with no scoops or vents. I have ridden in atleast two, Ben Moses and Mike Jez's. Ok I was in the car when it spun the bearing or what ever it ended up doing. But Ben's has been in his car for like 15k or so miles I think. Its hella fast. Sure its not as good as a front mount but it isn't that bad. Don't know how bad it gets heat soaked tho. But you can leave it up there but its not the most effecient thing and I would be somewhat worried myself just because im a worrywort. You can do what we did with Ben Davis's car. Mount the top mount IC up front. That is better than leaving it up top. And if you dont have the money to get a big nice one you can do this. Pretty easy to, just a big jig saw puzzle. Ben can tell you about what all you need. If you can get to a muffler shop that has a mandrel bender it would be good to make two or three bigger pieces than all the pieces we used on Ben's. One thing about doing it this way is the pain the outlet on the turbo is. If you are going to keep your A/C then its a pain. Cause the outlet is facing the wrong way. It needs to be cut and turned 180 degrees and rewelded and that would be perfect. It would have made the entire setup a lot cleaner and easier. If I was to turbo my car I would probaly look into this exact setup. The DET manifold and T25 with the stock top mount IC up front. Its not going to be pushing big HP but we have shown this simple setup to get about 200 whp with no downpipe. So with a nice 3" downpipe and exhaust it probaly could net about 190 hp at the wheels or higher. Hmmmmm I need some money.

G

·
0 Posts
I dont Have money Right now To do a Front mount IC. I am thinking about getting a Vis racing Hood scoop.I would Like a front mount IC but I do like the sleeper look. Running up on Honda's and DSM's.HOw much HP can the Stock BB Take? Anyone Know?

Richie Soliven

SR20DET Power, HKS EVC EZ( boosting at 10 psi), HKS TURBO TIMER( installed), JWT ECU , Greddy catback exhaust, 3 in ATR Race Cat, 3 in downpipe,300zxTT fuel pump HKS plugs,Magnecor wires, SSR rims 18x7.5,relocated battary to the trunk, AGX'S struts and Ground Controls
A Hood scoop Next

G

·
0 Posts
The stock bluebird can hold up to 15psi,(so i've heard. I have the Pulsar motor in my 92 and was told that with the 1/4 mile time i'm running my car should be in the 300+ hp range.I'm running 12.5 at 115mph with drag radials and the boost turned up to 15psi. I have a MSD box and coil with the stock Pulsar ECU 2 1/2in. downpipe, guted cat and 2 1/4in. exhuast. I keep breaking my tranny though, four times since I put in my motor. Everything else on the car is stock, turbo,and IC.I did reposition the IC and put it up front though.

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bowlcut:
There are actualy quite a few people that are running the top mount IC with no scoops or vents. I have ridden in atleast two B]</font>

**** it may have seemed fast to you but in all actuality it was probably slower then ****. Nothing but hot air running into your Tb that would suck. To the inexperienced Turbo guy the car might seem fast but in all actuality the car is not at its full potential. If you want the sleeper look make it a front mount right behind the wheel well where nobody can see it. Right in front of that hole in the bumper. Major amounts of air rush through there. Also cut a hole in the mud gard to get more air to it.

Mike Collins USN.
Turbo Classic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts