SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car kicks ass when its dead cold but when i get to drivin it and the temp gauge is about 1/2 way the car boggs down/ hesitates in second gear and a little in 3. 1st gear has no balls to it. WHAT DO I DO? AHHHHHHHHHHH IT MAKES ME SO MAD!

any help would be great thanks.

btw also how do i bump up the timing to about 18 or so? and what grade gas should i use?

·
Registered
186 Posts
i use 91/94 depending on how im feeling at the time and i would get ur car tuned up and dont kick the **** out of it when its cold sooo much wear at that time soooo bad for the moter treat ur sr20 with care and it will lost a good long time

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dsfreshesnx2000 said:
my car kicks ass when its dead cold but when i get to drivin it and the temp gauge is about 1/2 way the car boggs down/ hesitates in second gear and a little in 3. 1st gear has no balls to it. WHAT DO I DO? AHHHHHHHHHHH IT MAKES ME SO MAD!

any help would be great thanks.

btw also how do i bump up the timing to about 18 or so? and what grade gas should i use?
also it backfires alot when i shift

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
get a tune up!

·
8,148 Posts
Disconnect your EGR first and see what happens. Just take the tube from the AIV to EGR tube off.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It kicks ass when its cold, because your ecu is running open loop, it's dumping fuel in there, as your car warms up the loop closes, has a bunch to do with your o2 as well.

But yeah, when was your last tune up? plugs etc?

timing, get a timing light and rotate the distributor.

Oh yeah and do what Pretty White says too! Thats a known factor there also, I forget, I don't have that stuff anymore.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Forgive the noobish question, but what does this do? Is this a performance enhancer that I am not aware of? :)

Thanks,
Steve

Pretty White said:
Disconnect your EGR first and see what happens. Just take the tube from the AIV to EGR tube off.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
CapoDiTuttiCapi said:
Forgive the noobish question, but what does this do? Is this a performance enhancer that I am not aware of? :)

Thanks,
Steve
No the egr tend to clog up causing problems, by disconnecting it you can find out for sure.

Go to se-r.net and check the FAQ or search here, it will answer alot of questions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bjorn said:
whats your mpg looking like?
around 20 - 25 if i beaqt the piss out of it about 15 -21 so not too bad but could be better. so where is this egr unit located in the enbay and what do i disconnect. im tuning it up tonight and if i got time a new straight through muffler also ill see whats shakin and keep every1 posted on whats up. thanks alot for all the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts