SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wiggatastic!
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, everytime I spray the car bogs, kind of bucking, and then just takes off like crazy. I am using a 75hp nitrous jet, but the fuel jet is for a 100hp shot. Could this be my problem? Just too much fuel? I runs fine once it is spraying, but this jsut concerns me a little. Do you think there would be any ill effects of running a larger fuel jet than specified other than the bogging?

I've been checking the plugs after almost every spray and they seem to be a little lean (still dark, but a tiny bit whitish), which seems odd given the amount of fuel going in.

BTW: I don't have a pressure gauge yet, and the bottle is also running a little low, but this has happened before.

Thanks for the help!

~ Marcus

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
sounds like you've just got some air in your line. Buy a purge kit, and purge your line until you see a nice white cloud. Then when you hit it, you should feel instant power.

If it continues to cut off like that once you are spraying, its time to re-fill the bottle. :(

·
Wiggatastic!
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cnynracer1 said:
sounds like you've just got some air in your line. Buy a purge kit, and purge your line until you see a nice white cloud. Then when you hit it, you should feel instant power.

If it continues to cut off like that once you are spraying, its time to re-fill the bottle. :(
I purge it really good before I spray... :confused:

It just seems wierd that it has done then even since the bottle was full...

~ Marcus

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Im almost 100% that the 100shot fuel pill is your problem. Most nitrous kits jetting is on the rich side to start with, and now that you have the 100 shot jet with the 75 nitrous pill there is jsut to much fuel for that amount of nitrous. Why are you running the 100 pill on the fuel line to begin with?

·
Wiggatastic!
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NoClassic said:
Im almost 100% that the 100shot fuel pill is your problem. Most nitrous kits jetting is on the rich side to start with, and now that you have the 100 shot jet with the 75 nitrous pill there is jsut to much fuel for that amount of nitrous. Why are you running the 100 pill on the fuel line to begin with?
That is the smallest jet that came with the kit. I bought some 75 shot jets on the nitrous side, but I figured I would try out the 100 shot jets on the fuel side in order to save some money. I guess I need to either throw in the 100 shot nitrous jets with the fuel pump or buy some smaller jets for the fuel.

My kit came with 100-250 shot jets, so I have been trying to put something together that would work.

~ Marcus

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
MARCUSMARC said:
Ok, everytime I spray the car bogs, kind of bucking, and then just takes off like crazy. I am using a 75hp nitrous jet, but the fuel jet is for a 100hp shot. Could this be my problem? Just too much fuel? I runs fine once it is spraying, but this jsut concerns me a little. Do you think there would be any ill effects of running a larger fuel jet than specified other than the bogging?

I've been checking the plugs after almost every spray and they seem to be a little lean (still dark, but a tiny bit whitish), which seems odd given the amount of fuel going in.

BTW: I don't have a pressure gauge yet, and the bottle is also running a little low, but this has happened before.

Thanks for the help!

~ Marcus

It's wierd that the plugs look like you're running lean. The bogging and stumbling sounds like characteristics exhibited by a car running rich. I'd agree that the fuel jet is the problem. Hope you figure it out soon.

·
Wiggatastic!
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2xSE-R said:
It's wierd that the plugs look like you're running lean. The bogging and stumbling sounds like characteristics exhibited by a car running rich. I'd agree that the fuel jet is the problem. Hope you figure it out soon.
I'm jsut going to put in the 100 shot pills when i put in the fuel pump and see how it goes.
~ Marcus

·
Registered
404 Posts
What Kind of N2O kit do you have? I am looking for jets for my Single (wet) fogger kit. Are you willing to sell any of them? Please PM or e-mail me.

Thanks,
KEN

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Just to post, I actually agree that your set up is too rich, I have that problem when my bottle gets really low, and my pills coincide each other per manufacturer.

Jets are only 4 - 5 bucks a piece from your local speed shop. 5 bux if you order direct from manufacturer.

·
Wiggatastic!
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
txnx said:
Just to post, I actually agree that your set up is too rich, I have that problem when my bottle gets really low, and my pills coincide each other per manufacturer.

Jets are only 4 - 5 bucks a piece from your local speed shop. 5 bux if you order direct from manufacturer.

I bought them for $6 a piece plus an $8 special order cost.... :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts