SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i figured it's about time for me to post this problem and try to get it worked out once and for all. I've had an autometer cobalt electric boost gauge in my car since last April when I had my swap done and it has yet to become active. Jason said he had tried to get it working but had no luck with it and I picked up a cheap autozone one just to pass the time. but the gauge is carp and is not in good view and I would really like to get it working so all my gauges are finally functional. So, down to the problem at hand. The gauge just acts weird. When I turn on the car with the vac. line t'd in like it's supposed to it acts all funny. Like wherever the gauge was last at when the car was shut off it jumps back 10psi. and then jumps forward like 5psi and then just rests there. Then when the car is in operation, it doesn't read the vac. or boost right and i mean it acts like it wants to work, but just has something holding it back from reading right. Now this is how Jason has the thing set up... the gauge has a sending unit that is then plugged into this little black rectangle looking thing that then has a vac. line running from it to the t where the other boost gauge is hooked up nd running fine. I know it can't be the t because the other guage was reading fine from the t. So maybe the sending unit... or the little rectangle thing is the wrong one or something. I'm not really sure. Just shooting in the dark to get this thing up and running again. Sorry for the rant.... just looking for some answers. Thanks again all.

David

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm gonna link this from the tech. section also. Just letting the mods know so they don't wonder why i posted in both sections. I wanted to do so just because it really fits in both sections cause it's both boost and technically involved. Thanks.

David

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Sounds to me like the sending unit is somehow messed up. It might not be getting power very well; like the power might be cutting in and out on it. Might want to check to make sure all the electrical connections are good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts