SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SE-R Monster
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am looking to replace the crappy line that came with my autometer boost guage to some ss lines but i dont know if i should use -3 or -4 an line for it any input would be nice.
Rocco

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
I read somewhere that Autometer sells a nipple adapter for the back of the gauge so you can directly connect regular old vacuum line.

Does anyone know where I can pick this up? I would rather do this then route -3 SS line for my boost gauge.

·
Learn to swim
1,043 Posts
cnynracer1 said:
I read somewhere that Autometer sells a nipple adapter for the back of the gauge so you can directly connect regular old vacuum line.

Does anyone know where I can pick this up? I would rather do this then route -3 SS line for my boost gauge.
You should just be able to run about an inch of the nylon line out the back of the gauge, then slip a vaccum line over the nylon and zip-tie it. Thats what I did for my pilliar mount, and everythings working fine for me. I wouldnt change the size of the line much, IIRC Autometer suggests 1/8"id. tubing...Josh

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
cnynracer1 said:

my guage came with one, so i clamped a vaccum line on it and ran it to the fpr vaccum line. works great. I wouldn't recommend using autometers crappy nylon ****.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
If you call autometer they can hook you up. I called and said I didn't get two adapters with my gauge that I wanted to use in my setup. The guy searched around and found exactly what i needed AND SENT THEM TO ME FOR FREE!! I couldn't believe it. I got a pipe to barb adapter for the gauge and a T adapter that is pipe in the center and barb on the legs.

Brent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts