SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting ready to do my sr20det swap on a 93 240sx HB but i need to know how much boost i can run on the stock SMIC and stock T25 turbo. i've heard i can go 1 bar(14.7), but i've also heard that much power will burn up the turbo. if i could get to 14psi i would be happy. i know that you can go 16-18psi on the stock mitsu SMIC. what does everyone think?

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
With a T25, max you should do is 13 psi with a boost controller. It would be a good idea for you to upgrade the SMIC to FMIC soon as possible. IMO, the SMIC is too damn small and is probably inefficient if your'e looking to boost upwards of 7 psi.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I had a friend with an s13 who is running stock sidemount on 13psi, and holding it with no problems. He also ran a [email protected] I have no idea what his #'s are but they must not be too bad if he runs a 101. Don't run over 13psi on a T25, you're only losing power.

Justin

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i plan to run the Greddy pro-fec B for the controller. i will definitely be getting a FMIC soon, but i just wanna run that kinda boost for about 4 or 5 months. BTW this will not be a daily driver, i have a company car so that makes it a little easier.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
A 240sx with a stock DET is going to be perfectly streetable. If you are getting the walbro pump, I suggest getting a nismo fuel pressure regulator to control the added fuel pressure the pump is giving you. A profec-b should help keep boost stable up to about 12lb without much spike. Later,

Justin

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys. i've decided to run 10psi for about the first week or two, then bump it up to 12psi. i should be getting my FMIC(Greddy) in about 2 months so it should be ok until then. thanks for your suggestions. BTW i should have some pics up soon.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
You aren't really dangerous not running a FMIC, its just going to make you a lot slower with a sidemount. However, the same 240 i mentioned earlier ran a [email protected] with a sidemount and 2.0 60ft. no mods, stock engine on 12psi.

Justin

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
If it were my car I wouldn't run more then 12psi on the street. Occasional 14psi runs at the drag strip should be ok but I wouldn't daily drive at that boost level.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts