SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone in Texas has gone out to this shop. I want to go to a local shop that can get parts in for my soon to be SR. People have been talking about this shop in Irving, but I havent been hearing anything good. If anyone has actually shopped there and has gotten there products on time please let me know. All Ive been hearing from other customers is that they "SUCK" at getting the products in. Its always being delayed or something stupid like that. Wonder if they get any customers?? Well Ill probably end up going to a more reliable shop online, rather than going to them. nevermind about if they are good or not, ive already made up my mind. Just want to warn everyone about what Ive been hearing on this new so-called performance shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
about boostfactor

have you ever been to Boostfactor ?
they have everything in stock-----everything,and I dont know who told you that they "suck" I know Tony To , Sammy and Duc and they dont suck, they are the single foremost source for sr swaps and parts they are authorized for almost every name brand there is including exclusvie texas distributor ships for eg Toda, Zeal, Endless just to mention a few.

And also Ramin at boostfactor he works at the machine shop were Jotech builds their engines he also build boostfactor engines so if you think Jotechs 9 sec civic sucks go tell Kenny that.
And the 10 sec boostfactor civic dont suck either ive seen it run.

they support local 240sx meets and local car clubs like Legend R etc

you need to go there yourself and check it out and you need to appologize to everyone

and as far as getting special order parts in i belive any store has the same waiting period my friends orderd a lot of parts over there and I didn't here any one complain.

so whats up?

·
Registered
12 Posts
who are you nismo_det??

student? high school?

I think what your trying to do is shitty

only little kids act like you do

have you ever been to a Dallas 240sx meet

ask for Chris Jex

or Robert Chen

and see what their opinion is on the matter

·
Registered
61 Posts
Boost Factor sucks??? Are you kidding??? Have you been there yet? Everytime I go there I have to make 2 trips, cause the first trip I leave all my money and credit cards at home, but somehow I always have to buy something. They are nice guys, like the monkey said. Hell just check out their site. I used to hang out up there alot, but now I just stop by every once and awhile (since I have 2 jobs now). But who ever told you this is totally wrong about the shop. Hell you are totally wrong to talk trash about a shop that you haven't been too. I know of some people who don't like certain shops, but there is no need to go online and talk trash about them if you don't even know them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
nismo_det said:
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone in Texas has gone out to this shop. I want to go to a local shop that can get parts in for my soon to be SR. People have been talking about this shop in Irving, but I havent been hearing anything good. If anyone has actually shopped there and has gotten there products on time please let me know. All Ive been hearing from other customers is that they "SUCK" at getting the products in. Its always being delayed or something stupid like that. Wonder if they get any customers?? Well Ill probably end up going to a more reliable shop online, rather than going to them. nevermind about if they are good or not, ive already made up my mind. Just want to warn everyone about what Ive been hearing on this new so-called performance shop.
who are you? come forward nismo_det

·
Registered
249 Posts
Who's acting like a kid now.....

Hey you guys need to chill. He just said that he has heard lots of bad things. There will always be haters. And guess what......they tend to hang out together. I have not done business with Boost Factor but I plan on coming up sometime and hang out with you guy's and checking out the shop. I wouldn't worry about this one person. If they are as good as you say they are they won't need his business.

I have talked to Tony To and am on the mailing list that chris jex runs. I know Robert as well. All cool in my book. :D

·
Registered
596 Posts
Sorry to be a little off topic here, but is anyone welcome at the 240 meets in the DFW area? Because there are more and more FWD SR20 guys popping up in Dallas, and we are always looking for people to meet up with to go to the track or autocross or just hang out.

If you have any events you know of, can you post them in the Events South section? Thanks. Good to see more TX people on the board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi, this is robert, haha, just saw this post when i was at courtesy nissan, brian and mich was showing me whats going on...

hey hey hey...

boost factor, i have never been there, but i do know sammy, he is a good guy, but i am not praising anything but that he is a good guy, so sorry, i cannot give an opinion for you guys about boost factor...

anyways, anybody wanna have a meet this saturday?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi tony, yeah, tony is my austin connection, hehe hey tony, you knw what i realize, you live near where i used to live... i was on cameron road at mackenzie's point...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey, I don't mean to be mean, but they are good guys. I have ordered stuff from them many of times and they've come thru every time. Even **** no one ever heard of. It just gets me mad that this guy comes on here talking trash about a shop he's never been to. It also get's me mad cause I consider the guys up there good friends of mine (since they get me stuff no one can). Sorry if I offend anyone, but I only buy parts for my SR at Boostfactor. They might not know everything there is to know about the Sr20det, but if you ask them something they don't know they will find out. I'm not saying they don't know anything, hell they know alot Anyways my point is they are good guys at a good shop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehe its all good, lets everybody be friends, so we can all hang out... i am sure nismodet was saying something about what he heard, so you know word of mouth sometimes grabs anybodies first attention, so in terms, noone is wrong, noone is right, just all be happy and love your car.. =) drive it like you spent an overly amount of money on it, hehe

·
Registered
249 Posts
Spoken well Robert. Hey maybe I'll go up there soon and hang with you guys. Bring some of the Austin gang up.:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tony, yes definitely, hey, i went to a car meet yesterday, and not much, but alot of supras =), maybe we can hang with them, hehe there all pretty nice people... especially the LS1 Trans Am and Camero and Corvette people

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: about boostfactor

monkey said:
... exclusvie texas distributor ships for eg Toda, Zeal, Endless just to mention a few....
Hey Monkey,

I'm wondering, how can Boostfactor be an exclusive Texas distributor for Endless when there is an Endless in Houston? Did you mean North Texas? Just curious.

- Al -

·
Registered
61 Posts
That was the same question I asked them when they told me too. But it turned out that they called up Endless USA and put in a huge order for some Zeal suspension. Then Endless told them that with an order like that they would be a distributor for Endless and Zeal. They also asked about the Endless in Houston, and they said that they are not affiliated in anyway. They know that the Endless in Houston uses their logo and everything, but they aren't gonna do anything if they(Endless in Houston) don't give them a bad name. I thought it was pretty funny.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Re: about boostfactor

primeral said:

Hey Monkey,

I'm wondering, how can Boostfactor be an exclusive Texas distributor for Endless when there is an Endless in Houston? Did you mean North Texas? Just curious.

Endless in houston has absolutley nothing at all to do with endless japan or north america, the houston company "borrowed" the logo and name they probly never excpected the "real" company to come to the usa

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope all 240 enthusiats shows up to the big TX meet I was also told that courtesy nissan was providing room and board at a very low price. I also heard rumors that Boostfactor was sponsoring the meet with JUN product give aways and Tanabe give aways.

And I heard that R-spec's 500HP s13 was going to be there as well. And thats a KA engine!! I dunno who that is but im sure its fast. And also a RB powered 240 is rumored to show.

Anyway the best of luck to everyone and have a good holiday season.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've called up boostfactor.com before and talked to the main guy for quite awhile (i forgot his name) He was really cool and took the time to answer all my questions. Moreover, they had pretty good prices, as I've been considering a DET swap. I want to go up there sometime and check it out.

I was wondering, when do you local 240SX guys get together to hangout, and where at? My friend just bought a '95 240SX yesterday and he is lookin for some other 240's to hang with. I would also like to come along too, if you dont mind your lil bro the 200SX tagging along :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts