SR20 Forum banner

Boosting 98 b14,have ?'s

537 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  spdracerUT
Yes I searched but not all ?'s were answered.

I have a 98 b14 se-r. I want to go boost, but not just a turbo kit I'm looking to swap. Can anyone tell me what all I will need to get it running.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
you need to be way more specific than that. Why don't you start with what you've learned, and what you still have question about (i.e. 1998 built in Nissan "boost gauge", etc..)
Well what I want to know is.

1. What det is best. (BB seems to be the fav)
2. Parts needed to install
3. What wiring will I have to mess with.
Ohh boy there is a lot of things involved. I just recently did my Bluebird in my 96 200sx and there is a lot of stuff like harness, Ecu, 02's, and a bunch of sensors you gotta change from your stock motor to the DET. 1st of all you need either an S-AFC controller if you wanna run your ECU or what is best recommended is the JWT ecu. You can use your stock harness as long as you change some of the sensors. This is some of the stuff but not all.
I already have a HKS Super-AFR. Do you know of any threads of how to's for this swap. How long did it take you.
Oh boy i know how pain full it was swaping, best bet is just install a turbo set up on the car.
98Se-r Gti-R said:
Oh boy i know how pain full it was swaping, best bet is just install a turbo set up on the car.
Do you know of any good low priced set-ups. I found a red top with low miles for 1200.
Do you know anyone in the Ohio area who can help me swap?
There was a very detailed article in SCC of doing a BB DET Swap into a G20. You might be able to find it online. I bet a DET swap into a 240 has similar issues.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.