SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know anything about the Bosal muffler, but a majority of the SE-R mailing list likes Dynomax Ultra-Flo mufflers. Pat Griffith (slowSER) raved about his Dynomax muffler when he replaced his leaky HKS muffler. I happen to have a Dynomax Ultra-Flo Welded muffer in my SE-R, and I like it. It's quiet but it seems to flow quite well.

When it comes down to it, though, most straight-through perforated mufflers will perform well. You can't go wrong with the likes of Dynomax, Borla, Edelbrock, etc. The next factor in deciding would be the amount of noise. I have a Borla muffer in my NX. It's not loud, but it's deep, and does not drone on the freeway.

In this case, it seems like you can't go wrong with either one... Though the Bosal will last longer due to its stainless steel construction. I say get the Dynomax Ultra-Flo Stainless Steel instead of the Welded model, and be done with it!

--Andrew Phan
1993 NX2000
1998 200SX SE-R

[This message has been edited by RollcageSR20 (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoNx2000:
Which do u guys think is the better muffler and why?? if anyone has personal experience with one or both of these, it would be really helpful. The bosal prosport is the universal kind with a 2.25" inlet and 3.5" outlet...stainless steel....the dynomax ultraflow has its specs on the dynomax website at www.dynomax.com. Thanks in advance.

</font>
Go with the Ultraflow. It is nice and mellow. Hey, that Borla Boomer looks real nice too.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Which do u guys think is the better muffler and why?? if anyone has personal experience with one or both of these, it would be really helpful. The bosal prosport is the universal kind with a 2.25" inlet and 3.5" outlet...stainless steel....the dynomax ultraflow has its specs on the dynomax website at www.dynomax.com. Thanks in advance.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

1 - 3 of 3 Posts