SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
and regret it!

I bought a new 06 Miata last month because my NX2000 needed a few repairs and I had the new car bug. The Miata was $5000 under list price because of being a prior model year car so I got a good deal on it. I do like a lot about the car. It is quicker than my NX, handles better, is a true convertible and is new with a great warranty. The main problem is that it has very hard seats with side airbags in them and I cannot get comfortable in them. Because of the side airbags replacing the seats is not an easy option. The seats in my NX are the most comfortable seats of any car I've owned recently. And while the Miata's engine is quite a bit more powerful (170 hp vs 140) I like the feel of taking the SR20 motor to 7500 rpm. Also the NX is just a better all purpose car than the Miata. The problem is that If I sell the Miata I'll take a huge loss and my wife will kill me! I'll likely end up fixing the seating issue and keep the Miata but I would tell you guys that the grass is not always greener. Keep your NX's.

·
broke, busted and rusted
2,095 Posts
I think the front end of the new miata has alot of NX/MX-3 flavor to it.

·
!!!!CAUTION!!!!
3,993 Posts
yeah i dont really see the miata as an everyday car. but it sure do look nice

·
Registered
68 Posts
Huh? I LOVE the NX, have two of them now and had a blast with my 1st one (RIP)
But the Miatas are awesome cars to drive. Before my wife bought one, I wrongly
dismissed them as girly cars - they are not. I think the new ones are way high -
check those wheel arches, to meet pedestrian safety standards. You might want
to change the springs, lower and stiffer. True, they're not as practical as a hatch,
but if you don't have silly grin on your face everytime you take it out, somethings
wrong... : ) It *is* way different than driving front drive cars, but wait until you
really push it, you'll love it. Go along on a tour with other Miatas on the Dragon's
Tail, catch a ride with some Miata hotshoes and see how you like it.
PS: if you still don't like it, I'll trade my NX and some $ for it!

·
suspected eskimo
603 Posts
I just sold my NX last week (both of them acutally) and I don't regret it. I always thought I would miss my black NX since it was my first car and I'd had it for 7 years but ever since I got my Sunny GTi-R (LHD) the NX has been steadily losing my interest.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
It *is* way different than driving front drive cars, but wait until you
really push it, you'll love it. Go along on a tour with other Miatas on the Dragon's
Tail, catch a ride with some Miata hotshoes and see how you like it.
PS: if you still don't like it, I'll trade my NX and some $ for it!
I had a silly Grin on my face for the first two times I took my moms 97 Miata out for a spin. After that it kinda faded quickly. The stock suspension is soft as hell. The body rolls alot stock, and the car understeers like Ive never seen in a RWD car (course that can be corrected with throttle but it take to much throttle to get the car to rotate). The lack of LSD (Which can be put in easily) also kills a stock Miata for me. With that said though I have been trying to get my boy to sell me his 1990 Miata for like a year now. I think im finally getting close!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
if i could fit in one...id be all over one
But Kevin as it is, you WOULD literally be all over one:rofl:

Fat guy jokes FTW:D

·
like a stray puppy
2,163 Posts
oh tell you what I'll trade straight up for your seats. you can have MX NX seats no problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a silly Grin on my face for the first two times I took my moms 97 Miata out for a spin. After that it kinda faded quickly. The stock suspension is soft as hell. The body rolls alot stock, and the car understeers like Ive never seen in a RWD car (course that can be corrected with throttle but it take to much throttle to get the car to rotate). The lack of LSD (Which can be put in easily) also kills a stock Miata for me. With that said though I have been trying to get my boy to sell me his 1990 Miata for like a year now. I think im finally getting close!
B-D present suggestion for your mom, Azenis and an alignment! : )
Wife's Miata is '94 has original springs (ya, soft) and shocks and sway bars
and its still a blast to drive. I can't imagine too many grins in say, a 93 NX
w/stock springs,struts and bars....Even my daily driver has progress bar on full
stiff and hypercos which = lots of fun. NX engine and brakes shame the old
Miata for sure. After a back road romp in the Miata, I jump in the NX and it
feels like someone strapped a refridgerator to the front hood - feels that
front heavy! Then, oh yeah, must reduce corner entry speeds..

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's amazing that I found this site at this time. I've been considering buying a NX2000 and was looking for some information on these cars. I've also owned a 1990 Miata for over 10 years and just love it. I'm very aware of the low H.P., but I think the weight to power ratio gives the Miata an exciting sports car feel. Anyways, what would a good price be for a 93 NX2000 in good condition in the midwest. Also, what should I look for as far as problem areas. The one I'm considering is a manual with very little rust. Any ideas or suggestions and no, I'm not selling my Miata. The 2000 would be an addition to my small fleet of cars.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
very little rust will turn into very big rust in as little as months. Just something to think about. Its like roaches, if you see one or two, it probably means they are everywhere you cant see.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts