SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I just got my turbo kit today and it is a T25 bluebird kit. I think that is what it is. Well it have a recircuating BOV if that is what you call it. well can I just get a regular BOV and put it on there and the car run fine.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
No you can't. On a maf based car you need the recirc tube back into the intake or else you are blowing off metered air and you go SUPER rich between shifts and often have idle issues and stalling.

Brent

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
coach said:
No you can't. On a maf based car you need the recirc tube back into the intake or else you are blowing off metered air and you go SUPER rich between shifts and often have idle issues and stalling.

Brent
I will vouch to that. That's why I'm going blow-thru.

Brent is right. Running open atmosphere BOV on a MAF'd car, you go rich after throttle and in most cases stall the car.

Corey

791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zexel said:
I will vouch to that. That's why I'm going blow-thru.

Brent is right. Running open atmosphere BOV on a MAF'd car, you go rich after throttle and in most cases stall the car.

Corey

:mad: :( dam no cool BOV sound

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
I never had a problem with stalling when i had my BOV vented to atmosphere. It did run rich between shifts though, blue fireballs came from the exhaust when I shifted, and I could tell it would be rich for a moment. Much better to recirculate it.

·
Classic is Classy
618 Posts
hehehe, blue fireballs are cool... talk about intimidation... jk. recirc it!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
if u are getting turbo just for the "cool" noise, then ur getting it for all the wrong reasons. i originally thought it was coo to have turbo just for the sound, but when i felt the power.. i much rather have it silent and somewhat sleeper than have the noise. just use the bov that comes with the kit and see how u like it. if not, get a greddy or hks and recirculate it.. u'll still be able to hear the whoosh :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have run non recirc BOV's on alot of the SR's ... Some have run a little rough on decel , some have run perfect , then again I have seen a few run rough on decel even with the BOV recirc ....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts