SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stock t-25 bb ecu setup. what would be the best bov for the money? what car should i search for it on? so far i found dsm bov to be used a few times. but other than that my searched showed ppl using super seq and such. what should i use?

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
the most common bov on here is the gredy type s. you really need one that is recurculated(sp). i have the hks ssqv and its stupid loud.

·
Registered
463 Posts
1gen dsm bov is going to be the best for your money you can find them for as low as 10 bucks and works great if ya want to run higher boost leaves just get it crushed, my buddy ran 30+psi on a 1gen bov off a dsm, on his dsm tho

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so where are some good places to search beside ebay/forums?

·
Registered
532 Posts
check DSM trader for the 1g dsm bov or Road Race Engineering. RRE has them brand new either crushed or not.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
you can find 1g dsm for about $35-$40. whats wrong with the stock one?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont have a stock one. the only stock bov i have right now is a 87 mazda rx7 turbo bov. i dont see why this wouldnt work with such a small ammount of boost.
btw. im collecting the last few bits of my ga-turbo swap parts. thats why im short on stuff like that.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Most that I saw new with flange were like $70, where do you guys find them for $40? My brother was going to use the stock BB BOV. It had mitsubishi stamped on it so I think they may be one in the same.

brent

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh....i c.
noob question, "crushed" bov. whats that all about. better performance...but can somone fill me in.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
maxpower said:
"crushed" bov. whats that all about.
Holds higher boost.

·
getting close
2,002 Posts
It allows the bov to hold higher levels of boost without leaking, or malfunctioning. I have a stock 1st gen bov layin around here somewhere if i find it i will sell it to ya. I was going to use it but my car runs fine not recirculated with the hks ssq.

Later,Jon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts