SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does this kit include and is it worth it? If its just shims, than I don't see the need for it when I do my brake upgrade. Has anyone purchased it?

·
Registered
594 Posts
it includes 4 clips, the ones that hold the brake pad on the sides.
and the shims.
i jus bought it and it's a total rip off, guess they don't call them the $tealer for nothing

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
martin--dude, i'm sorry. i saw this question and forgot to reply. :eek:

anyhow, the kit includes the 4 clips (required to hold the pads in place) and the 6 shims for the pads. if you wanna know how to place the shims in the right order, i can give ya a link.

nx2k said:
it includes 4 clips, the ones that hold the brake pad on the sides.
and the shims.
i jus bought it and it's a total rip off, guess they don't call them the $tealer for nothing
are you saying they're a rip off cuz of the price?

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's cool Stiletto! I just did the upgrade this Saturday at the SoCal geek-out. I actually didn't need the shims because the VGX pads already come with them and the clips. I will say that the brakes feel totally different. Not as much front brake bias, but I wont be able to enjoy it to its full potential until I brake in the rotors and pads in. I'll post pics and impressions later.

Martin G>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.