SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for some stainless braided brake lines for my 2k se. can anyone point me in a good direction. thanks!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
SMC lines. Very high quality. Dunno where SMC's website is though. Maybe on the dealers list on www.se-r.net

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I don't know if they make em' yet, but if the b14 brakes work on the new b15, I would go with the smc lines, or the goodridge brake lines, that is what nissan motorsports uses and they actually have a nissan part #, just like the borla exhaust and k&n filters, cams, ect

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i spoke to a dealer of smc yesterday and am waiting for a c/b, same with stillen. where would i be able to reach goodridge? they have a part # for the exhaust from borla? schweet!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nevermind, found the #. talked to steve and he is really cool to talk to. thanks for the referral!

he doesn't have any made yet but will be rememdied very soon. Even if they cost more than stillens, i would rather buy from him simply based on his excellent customer service skills and genuinely great attitude!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
LOL well i spent like an hour or better talking with Steve at the convention. Well my dad did. We talked about brakes and their various brake products. He knows alot but some of his products are crap he even says that himself. Well all the sentra stuff is pretty good. His big piece of crap was a set of "universal" rotors that he redrilled a new pattern on the hat. The holes that were drilled were like maybe 1/2 inch or less apart from each other. He even said that was crap. dad throws rotors like that away every day at bosch. you dont redrill rotors if you dont have to, and then you want some meat between the holes. and dont get us started on cross drilled rotors, lol even Steve had some intersting words on those.

but the brake lines are top notch. I will get me a set in the future when money comes in. those are probaly the best looking lines that i have ever seen and so says other people.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, stillen is in the works. they are having woodbrige make them for them. check back in sptember. appoximate cost-$139. hope i can find em cheaper, but the price isn't that bad.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Call up Steve himself at SMC. Well call up the main place dont call a dealer. He may know something more out there. Like if the b14 will fit or maybe Altima lines if they exsist since the wheel size is that of an Altima maybe the brakes are actualy an Altima part. Who knows, but let SMC know that you are intersted in them and he may get to work on them

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've had a set of cross drilled and slotted and i definately prefer the slotted.

BTW, he will have them for me in blue, to match my color scheme. maybe he'll have em done by the end of august and a group deal could be had.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SMC is currently working on stainless brake lines for the 2000 Sentra. They will be top of the line and made specifically for the 2000 sentra. (different from 99 or even the altima)

If anyone would like a set, please email me and let me know. MAYBE we (not sure???) could be able to work a group deal. @ this point, it looks like about $140-$150 but will have a firm price in about 2 weeks.

[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts