SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to replace the pads on my 91 classic this week and noticed that the stock calliper mounting is disturbingley close to my old 87 300ZX TURBO'S CALLIPERS and the 300ZX TT calliper mounted up directley to the Z, by just removing the floating calliper brackets the TT Z brakes bolt right up . I have not confirmed this just yet but if no one has tried it yet I will soon .

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
Will our master cylinder be strong enough for those badboys. Our cars will stop on a dime with tt brakes just like the 240s. 240s only weigh a little more then our cars, so why cant we put those too.

·
8,148 Posts
Been tried many times. Will not work. Ralphy on the SE-R mailing list tried it back in the 90's. I think, I am not certain that it will work on a G20 though.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hum it looks dam close but I dont really wana have to pull the callipers off the Z and then have to blead the breakes again but I will do some measuring next time I have the chance

·
Registered
667 Posts
The ZX's front suspension is similar to the G20's, the brake upgrade could work on the P chassis. The NX brake upgrade with good pads and fluid are more than enough for any street car. Save your money and time. If you want bling factor, buy a Fastbrakes kit.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
I agree. I was amazed at what AD22's, RBF fluid and Crown SS hoses did for my braking. I put new rear calipers, rotors and pads on at the same time and for the $500 total for everything you can't beat it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it has nothing to do with bling just braking look at my car on car domain I dont do bling I do clean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts