SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the 2004 National convention, Carbotech would like to extend the same offering we did for the 2003 convention last fall. The deal was $89 for Panther Plus track pads for any OE Nissan Sentra caliper. This is up to a 25+% discount from list price!!!! Ask last years participants how good these pads are!!! Applications included are: B13 SE-R (D509), NX2000 (D549), B14 200SX (D688), and B15 Sentra/Spec-V (D430). These do NOT include pads for racing calipers such as Brembo, Wilwood, Stoptech, etc.

Carbotech will also be sending along certificates for the raffle for 50% off of a set of any Carbotech brake pad.

Summary: Doing hot laps at Willow? You should call me...

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
MaddMatt said:
For the 2004 National convention, Carbotech would like to extend the same offering we did for the 2003 convention last fall. The deal was $89 for Panther Plus track pads for any OE Nissan Sentra caliper. This is up to a 25+% discount from list price!!!! Ask last years participants how good these pads are!!! Applications included are: B13 SE-R (D509), NX2000 (D549), B14 200SX (D688), and B15 Sentra/Spec-V (D430). These do NOT include pads for racing calipers such as Brembo, Wilwood, Stoptech, etc.

Carbotech will also be sending along certificates for the raffle for 50% off of a set of any Carbotech brake pad.

Summary: Doing hot laps at Willow? You should call me...
Panther plus work pretty good and you don't have to change them for the drive to the hotel or home, a big plus when you are rushing to go party!

Mike

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
These are by far the best pads I have ever tried. I went back to OEM and it the pedal felt like I was pushing on a balloon and that the car would never stop!

I have recommended pather plus to many people thus far including people doing the track event this year who have asked me.

They BITE! :D

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Carbotech pads = teh shizznit :)

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
Panther plus work pretty good and you don't have to change them for the drive to the hotel or home, a big plus when you are rushing to go party!

Mike
I'll say they are the best track pads that you can also drive on the street bar none. Usaly I am against dual purpose pads because they usualy don't work well on the track but these do for all but all out use.

Mike

·
SE-R RACER
1,083 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
I'll say they are the best track pads that you can also drive on the street bar none. Usaly I am against dual purpose pads because they usualy don't work well on the track but these do for all but all out use.

Mike
Honestly there realy isn't to much of a difference between the Plus and the XP pads. They are both great. I have the plus on the Spec V I have had them on the car since the 03 convention and they have 6,000 street miles, track day at the convention,and two days at LRP. They have about 3/4 pad left.My ITS car I have run about 6 hours of track time on them and in both cases the pads are still in great shape. My only problem is I can't get the brakes on the Spec V from squealing constanly. It driving me nuts.:)

Shameless plug for Carbotech. Hey MAtt when is Larry going to start sponsoring some IT cars? Brake pads ain't cheap:)

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly there realy isn't to much of a difference between the Plus and the XP pads.
You should try some XP9s or 10s... :)

XP9 = driving into a sand pit
XP10 = driving into a sand pit with with a parachute.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
i have the carbotech panther pluses. they rock out. just ask Russ how confident i was in my brakes. you find youself braking WAY late, just to feel their bite.

i have yet to fade these things, even during the honda/nissan challenge, Kit Wetzler had no trouble whatsoever with them.

the $89 is a GREAT price too. i might have to pick up another set whilst im there....

·
SE-R RACER
1,083 Posts
MaddMatt said:
You should try some XP9s or 10s... :)

XP9 = driving into a sand pit
XP10 = driving into a sand pit with with a parachute.
I meant they are the same a long the lines of how long they last and rotor friendlyness. Pedal feel and modulation are also similar. I know thw XP 8's stop better and Joel L. was telling me about the XP 9's he runs them on his SSC Civic. I thought the XP 10's were designed for heavier cars?

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought the XP 10's were designed for heavier cars?
I'm thinking ~2500-2600 lbs w/o driver is the lower cutoff for that pad. And for a race car, that *is* heavy. Definitely too strong for, say, a Spec Miata. I'm 2575 lbs, full interior plus a cage and modulation is a slight issue with 10s on my car. I have to be a little careful on aggressive braking. But my God man those things are bulletproof.

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
I just ordered a set. Matt wasn't there so I talked to someone else. Great customer service. Fun to BS with to. Can't wait to get the pads. Thanks for hooking it up Matt.

John

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Over the last year, we've become *extremely* popular. That happens when you start winning national championships and such. And seeing that race season is in full swing, production is getting backed up. We're at least 1 week behind on orders. If you want pads for Willow, don't call me 2 days before the event. And seeing as shipping across the country takes a week, you're looking at 2ish weeks to get pads to the west coast. So what I'm saying is, if you want pads and you don't have them on order by the first week of May, you may not get them.

Plan accordingly....

Matt

·
Registered
186 Posts
how they for dust, i got some nice 16 in. wheels and i hate cleaning them every like 4 days cause the stock nissan pads dust like nobodys buisness
p.s. i drive nx2k

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
P+ dusts like nobody's business. But if you'd like to stop while on track, I respectfully suggest you deal with it. At least it's not corrosive....

·
Registered
186 Posts
MaddMatt said:
P+ dusts like nobody's business. But if you'd like to stop while on track, I respectfully suggest you deal with it. At least it's not corrosive....

I can deal with non corrosive dust. cause then i dont HAVE to clean it like 2 times a week.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jackson Diamond said:
Talked with Matt today, mine are on the way.
I think everyone that had an order in should eb getting their pads very soon as they shipped early this week. Just a reminder that we're closing in on 2 weeks before the convention. If you're on the fence about getting some for the track day, better get off the fence soon :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts