SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I ordered some rotors from Genxmuscle. They weren't anything special, just some aftermarket rotors. Well today they came and when they did my project began. I took the rim off and I can clearly see the rotors I purchased were too big.
http://www.genxmuscle.com/brembo/am-nissan.html
So on that page I purchased 2 of the Brembo Brake Rotor - Rear: 25150.
Details - http://www.genxmuscle.com/store/BR25150

Can someone please help me to locate some rotors that will actually fit my car? i'm not against getting something for the long term, ie. drilled or slotted.
It's a 92 NX 2000, 2.0, ABS, Japan manufactured model. Any advice would sooo be appreciated! Thank you all!
Joe

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Its a screw-up in the whole aftermarket parts listing. For any NX2000 you order front rotors for VIN starting with J with ABS, and for the rear without ABS regardless if the car has ABS or not.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well that looks much better. The original one was 44.5 mm and the one without ABS is Overall Height: 39.4mm.
AGGG!
I should have done more homework on them before I ordered. Thanks for the info. Anyone got any good sites for good deals on drilled or slotted rotors?

You guys rawk! Thanks for the help! ;)

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
I would get powerslot rotors for the reaer, theyre work well and last long and are fairly priced. Im not sure who the cheapest delaer is for them as i got mine long ago...

·
Puffy, perky piranhas
384 Posts
Check out www.brakeco.com

They definitely know all about NX "big brakes". No mistakes here.

Just for fun, I bought the "el cheapo" chinese rotors for my NX, front & rear. Then, these(brakeco) guys cross-drilled 'em for me for an extra $20 each. After that, I sent 'em out to be cryogenically treated (frozen). total cost: about $70 each.

The drilling is mainly for looks. However, the cryo treatment is amazing. Almost 20k on the rotors now, and no sign of wear at all. Time will tell.
Oh, and I'm using Axxis "Ultimate" pads. (Poor man's EBC greenstuff)

It's been an interesting experiment.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
i just buy factory nissan rotors there cheep, well at least for the front they were. 70 cnd per side that some thing like 40/50 US ? and you know there quality steel. un like some cheeper aftermarkit stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts