SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you fellow 200SX owners out there...Anyone know what Nissan considers "acceptable" for brake rotor run out? I've got about 17 thou total runout on both rotors and have a bit of a wobble under braking.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
You just need to get them turned, unless you have done that already. Take them to any shop and they should be able to do it for you, I got mine done in 1 hour labor...$60. All the wobbling is gone.

Justin

·
GT2835R
7,609 Posts
You could always upgrade to ad22's which incase you dont know are from an nx2000. That would take care of the fronts. The upgrade for the rear would be the maxima rear setup. Its all up to you, or you can just get the stocks resurfaced with some good pads.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. Just bought the car on Monday so I'm not real familiar with it yet. Anyone know if the rotors in the 200s prone to warping? The car has 95k on it so it may just be one of those deals where the rotors have lived their life and it's time to replace them.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
it is like any car, you need to measure the rotor thickness, if is over the min. rating then get them resurfaced. braking wobble can also be alignment but it is usually bad rotors. if do the nx upgrade you will also have to use the nx calipers.

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
I think the minimum thickness of the rotor is 16mm

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Took the rotors in last night. They still had enough meat left on them to turn them. The wobble under breaking is now gone.

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
You could always upgrade to ad22's which incase you dont know are from an nx2000. That would take care of the fronts. The upgrade for the rear would be the maxima rear setup. Its all up to you, or you can just get the stocks resurfaced with some good pads.
You dont want to put Maxima rears on with the AD22VF's on font, your brakes will be rear biased. Only time you need Maxima rears is with something like the fastbrakes kit up front. BTW, it looks like you already got them turned, but there is no need to go to a shop, NAPA, Discount Auto, etc will turn them for anywhere between $10-$20 per rotor.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
DETRoadster said:
Thanks guys. Took the rotors in last night. They still had enough meat left on them to turn them. The wobble under breaking is now gone.
;) No problem.

·
just workin'
1,345 Posts
i would just order new rotors, if they are close to minimum thickness don't be surprised if the problem comes back in a month or so, one hard stop could warp them again, the price difference isn't that much at all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts