SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10-25-99
Noticed a spongy feel to my brakes (non-ABS) and went to dealer. New master cylinder ordered and put in. Tech. tested it and the brakes were fine. A couple of hours later I picked it up and got as far as the curb and the brakes were worse than when I brought it in. Back up on the lift and the lines were bled and recharged with fluid. Still spongy (very) and left it overnight. Bled again this AM and tech tested when they were through. By the time I got there to take it home it was soft again. Another night in the shop. Anyone have any ideas? Can a line be compromised but not enough to actually show a leak. ??? I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, you could have a bad seal, bleeder screw, line, ect. just have him (or you) go over the whole system to make sure nothing is leaking out. or get a good measurement of your brake fluid when it is good, and when it is bad in the m/c and you will find out if you have a leak, or the mechanic is just a dumb ass. you need to bleed the farthest brake, 2nd farthest, 3rd farthest, and the closest one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem is simple....you bought a Pee-san. If you had bought a Honda, you'd be pulling off 10 second runs and you would have no problems at all, but you are a sissy loser, so you bought the worst Jap car in the world. I don't even have to put you down. Saying you own a Pee-san is punishment enough you chode smoker.

------------------------
1999 EBp Civic Si
FMIS intake
dual 12" tips
Koenig VillanZ
36" HiFi projection tach
Street Fyghter body kit
Axel back exhaust
Summit sticker pack
Type R valve cover: for less cam windage
Faux plastic designer replica intercooler
Football whistle on intake to simulate turbo
F/R: Steel wheels with OEM H rated tires/30" Chrome MOMO wheels with Kelly Chargers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts