SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Just getting new rotors for your stock brakes will do nothing for performance. It will make things look pretty is all. Unless you're on a track a lot you don't *need* NX2000 brakes. Conversely, if you're not on a drag strip a lot the extra weight is going to be unnoticable. So you'd be doing for looks basically.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scarpa, I think you're forgetting about the brake pads themselves. Sure the X-Drilled rotors won't do much unless you really get them heated up, but most people tend to get performance pads with their new rotors, and THATS what makes the differnce. I got Axiss pads with mine, and the braking power has improved somewhat.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies
www.WhiteLineRacing.com

G

·
Unfortunately i cannot afford to upgrade my wheels. I considered simply using 95-98 200 wheels and nx2000 brakes but i do not wish to have the increase in weight. Now i want to upgrade my brakes and i my choices are limited. i prefer slotted over crossdrilled because i believe crossdrilled rotors are prone to cracking. So with these requirements in mind i am thinking of powerslot rotors tucked away behind my stock wheels. Does anybody have any experience with these or am i waisting my time and money even looking at stock brakes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts