SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I finaly got some time to go install some of the parts laying around in my room.

With a few friends and a 10$/h rented garage with all the tools you can dream of, we got this all installed.

Hotshot CAI
HEader (ya ya obx)
Brembo plain discs
PBR Ultimate Ceramic Pads all around
STOPTECH SS brake lines

plus we did an oilchange :)

We also changed my control arms for the Nismo ones (didint have time to do the whole kit today)

I already had the Moto mounts installed at a meet a month ago.

In any case, Im happy now. The car breathes so much easier, revs are quicker and the car now brakes even and HARD.

Those PBR Ultimate Ceramics are the same as AXXIS Ultimates (same company) but WAY cheaper for us canadians. With those brakes all around the car brakes hard and initial bite is amazing even in sub 0 temps.

We diidnt encounter much problems, maybe a few rusted bolts, but the garage had a torch.

You can read a full review with ALL pic at my new site http://www.spicez.com , it has been updated and revamped and you can find the reviews in the Parts / Review section.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the parts I installed.

Chris

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Nice job Christian. Little things like that can make all the difference in the world of how your car feels.

Where can you get the PBR brake pads, and how much do they run for?

·
Yes Dear.
2,503 Posts
Hey christian,

RE: The nismo control arms, arent they just oem with poly bushings already pressed in? If so, why did you not just press in the bushings yourself. Where they cheaper than the hassle?

·
B15 Bubble
608 Posts
spicez said:
Ya they are stock one with the Nismo hard bushings.

There is no point in pressing them in myself, they come with the Nismo kit already pressed in.

Its to save time I guess.
If the Nismo bushing kit did not come with everything pressed in the job would take probably 5 times as long. The bushings for the rear are a different story!

Congratulations on the new parts. I can't wait until I can get my new brake lines on and rid myself of the crappy old brake fluid. BTW what kind of fluid did you use?

·
B15 Bubble
608 Posts
spicez said:
I usualy use Ford HD, but this year I switched back to Motul RBF600
Ahh the good stuff. I just installed the Mossy braided clutch line in by B15 SE and so far I am impressed with the pedal feel the braided line along with the RBF600 gives me. The pressure stays more constant across the whole stroke of the pedal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.