SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!! I have a 91 SE-R, just ordered my AD22VF setup with SS brake lines, but I want to do the rears!!!

So here is my Dillema: I want to upgrade the rear disks also, and was thinkiing of the Rotors for the NX2K again (REARS!!!!) it looks like there are 2 sizes again!! 234mm and 258mm Outer Diameter!!! can I use the NX2K brakes with the bigger rotors/calipers on my rear as a swap like the AD22VF's??? please help ASAP as I am getting in my brakes in 3 days, and would like to order the rears too!!!

Thanks to you all for the help!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, the coupon for 20% off at CARPARTS.COM is expiring in 2 days, so I need that coupon!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
yeah you can use them too but I heard that you'll have to adjust the brake pedal a bit from under the pedal so you wont get too much travel. se-r .net has te rear and front upgrade with pictures to boot . just go to GRM secrets under sentra se-r classic and you'll see a black classic. get the biggest rotors available for the nx. I wanna do the back also cause the fronts did wonders. good luck and fill us in on the details and you're comments on this upgrade.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Check out this email sent by Mike Kojima:
Craig,

You use the calipers from a 93-94 Maxima SE, the early
and later calipers are different and won't work. This
caliper bolts right on and the brake line and parking
brake hook right up.

You can use the redrilled rotors that KVR sells or SMC
has rotors that are made with the proper bolt circle.
SMC's number is 949 369-5223.

On a B13 you end up with a 10.5 inch or so rear rotor.
Or you can get the JUN big brake kit.

Mike
Imagine AD22VF upgrade up front and Maxima brake upgrade out back! I'm just not sure if for the rear setup you need the torque member or just the caliper. My guess it's just like the front upgrade, need to purchase/obtain a loaded caliper kit for the rear setup. I'll be researching this at my local wrecking yard this week. Mike mentions you can purchase (big $ I'm sure) drilled rotors from KVR or SMC. I would just get the rotors locally and have them drilled by your local machine shop. Should be cheaper. Well I hope I didn't just cause you to spend more money, hehe, later.

------------------
Happiness is not around the corner, it is the corner!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey all, I just got the brakes from brake parts warehouse Ph# 1888-428-7278, ask for john. I got Autospecialty calipers, but they came with bad nipples, and john is sending me new ones. The SS lines are awesome, and take up alot of the mushy peddle feel, although the peddle feel is still different than what I am used to. He will accept the SE-R cores for the NX2K calipers, but at a lower core return charge. His lines are made in house with teflon coatings, and will send it out for $99.98 full set!!!!! ask specifically for john, and mention either myself (Manny) or sr20de forum and explain where and what you heard, and he will give the same deal I got. He will try to work with you, and the get the CHINESE CHEAPIES for the rotors!!!!!!!!! they are cheap and awesome!!!!

Peace out all

IGGYDUDE:)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If you're only upgrading to the AD22VF brakes up front, then I see no reason to upgrade the rear brakes. The rear brakes on the NX and SE-R are identical, although there has been some listings that show a bigger NX rotor application. Either way, you're better off keeping your rear brakes stock, unless you like having your rear brakes lock first before your fronts. If you were upgrading to the SMC brake kit, then I can see a reason for going to bigger rear brakes.

Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R (w/AD22VF's)
1993 NX2000 (duh!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts