SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fear no honda
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do our brakes suck,,,, I got new pads all around and all my calipers are good and the rotors are next to new but my brakes still suck compaired to my boy's 200sx, Does anyone have a brake upgrade? how is it compaired to stock? I drive my boys 200sx all the time he got 1 piece B+G suspenion and i would still say i can out handle him any day but then i would never want to have to do it in traffic because of my brakes i know if he presses brakes more then likely he's going to stop if i press it's like i have no power brakes i have to press it real hard(it's doesn't move far but i have to press hard) and it still doesn't lock(not that i want then to but they should)I don't know what to think anymore does anyone have any suggestions????

·
Registered
504 Posts
Bleed your brakes. Check for leaks. Classics and 200s both have the same crappy brakes, so if there is any difference it's in the condition of your current system. Make sure what you have works properly before worrying about upgrading it.

Josh

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
You didn't bed in your brake pads correctly. If the pedal doesn't move far, then you probably don't have air in the lines. Just get a good brake pad and stop getting the lifetime warranty organic pads from Kragen.

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
Fear no honda
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have lifetime warranty pads i have some kind of pad i ordered from nopi(can't remember the brand) ..So whats the next step im going to get the whole system check on monday

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Se-Rious92sentra said:
Is it just me or do our brakes suck
+

I have to say that these brakes do not suck. I just installed new NAPA rotors and semi-metallic pads and Im stopping on dimes.
I have no issue with them. I could have gone with slotted or drilled rotors but you know how that argument goes. So I just stuck with regular vented rotors and some premium pads and IM VERY HAPPY. I would have to say to bleed your brake fluid.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I don't have lifetime warranty pads i have some kind of pad i ordered from nopi(can't remember the brand
There's one brand that I'm sure NOPI sells called VGX. If you have these, remove them immediately. They are the shittiest pieces of **** and a pathetic excuse for a brake pad. They need one decent stop to start fading. You can get them to fade just going to the grocery store.

Our brakes are not crappy. Just like Smooth, with the right pads, I could stop on a dime and leave a nickel change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts