SR20 Forum banner

Brand new nx2000....stock....what should my first modification be???

728 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Son Of Skyline 
#1 ·
I just got my 92 nx2000 and she runs great....i wanted to know what my first mod should be....i used to have an rx-7 and they said the best mod was the exaust system...so thats what i upgraded....what do u guys think is the most effective first mod...my car has 64k on her with the original muffler and exaust piping...

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

#3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoNx2000:
I just got my 92 nx2000 and she runs great....i wanted to know what my first mod should be....i used to have an rx-7 and they said the best mod was the exaust system...so thats what i upgraded....what do u guys think is the most effective first mod...my car has 64k on her with the original muffler and exaust piping...

</font>
Honestly, motor mounts. Thats is the best insurance against 5th gear pop out. There seems to be a relationship between worn mounts and 5th gear pop out in early SR20's (G20-SE-R and NX2000).
Suspension is always the best way to go. Do it right the first time. For an effective way get AGX with GC's or Eibachs. Like Pirelli says..."Power is nothing w/o control".
I would do suspension and brakes first. Then figure out if you want to go bolt on's or boost. (with 64K I would consider a bolt on kit). Besides it is better to be prepared to be aggressive than to be aggressive and not be prepared.

[This message has been edited by Pretty White (edited 07-19-2001).]

#4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
Honestly, motor mounts. (ES inserts) Thats is the best insurance against 5th gear pop out. There seems to be a relationship between worn mounts and 5th gear pop out in early SR20's (G20-SE-R and NX2000).
Suspension is always the best way to go. Do it right the first time. For an effective way get AGX with GC's or Eibachs. Like Pirelli says..."Power is nothing w/o control".
I would do suspension and brakes first. Then figure out if you want to go bolt on's or boost. (with 64K I would consider a bolt on kit). Besides it is better to be prepared to be aggressive than to be aggressive and not be prepared.

</font>
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/ianjiggyroom/IansNX2000page.html

#5 ·
My very first mod on my NX was an intake. Instantly gained 60 miles increase on a full tank of gas.
This was 4 years ago, and my mileage is still good. Anybody else experience this?

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel
14.545 @ 95.54 mph

#6 ·
What kind of an intake did u use??? CAI or short or K&N drop in??
thanks

#7 ·
I have herd some people say that the CAI dose not work well on the NX if you don't take out the fog lights so that more air can get in side the space (what ever its called) were the intake muffler thing is. you can use a drop in, its pretty much just as good, but if you use that and still want cold air just run some flexible dryer duck to it, like I just mentioned I another post.
btw I have a JWT pop and I'm vary happy with it, and I did notes a mileage increase like Son Of Skyline said

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4
ACT clutch on order

#8 ·
The JWT pop charger basically is a bolt on directly to the MAF correct??

#12 ·
definately performace mods, the car is beautiful the way it is.

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

#15 ·
where did u get your adapter plate from and how much did it cost you??

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.