SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wazzup..
I would like the forum to share their views on better lighting mods they have done to their SE-Rs. Currently on my 200sx se-r, I have those Wagner bright lights 9004 (65/100w) and foglights h3 (55w)I have tried the Philips blue vision 9004. while their claim of making road signs more visible, it did not project more light on the road than oem factory units. i was thinking of trying those super whites from Piaa and so i wanted to know your suggestions out there.

ps. happy july 4th! party hard-party safe!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well Im sure youve read the articles on how the blue headlights are dangerous and put less light on the road and glares in other drivers eyes. So I would stay away from those. As for the PIAA hyper whites or what ever they are called, I have heard good things about them. Never seen a set myself cause they are so darn expensive. but they last a long time too. so guess you get your money's worth

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have those blue type headlights that change color as you drive by them (they look pink from a side angle, blue/white from the front.) They dont seem as bright on the road, but they make roadsigns more apparent, at least i think so anyways. Besides, they look cool. One more reason for people to look at my car. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the PIAA SW on my Maxima, they really increased the visibility alot on the signs and road....and they were stock wattage. I recommend them,

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just a word of caution:

I had PIAA Hyperwhites until it burned away most of the electrical connection! I called my local Nissan dealer to ask about the connection/clip and did not mention the aftermarket bulbs. It was his first question - he said that he has sold quite a few of the headlight terminals as a result of aftermarket bulbs. I can't verify his statement, but I can't deny it either.

I replaced my bulbs with OE(cooler Kelvin temp - yellowish) and have not had any problems. The road has better definition with the OE.

When I REALLY want to see the world around me, I turn on my brights, which also turn on my Hella FF300 driving lights. Incredible!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only reason why your wiring will do that is because you did not buy stock wattage bulbs. I have used piaas for over 2 years, never had problems. I also use stock wattage piaas not any greater.

You will be safe as long as you stay with stock wattage.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the PIAA superwhite 9004 headlights, and also the H3 foglight replacements, and they are definately a nice increase is visibility. But they are damn expensive, but definately worth the money. They look cool too. =)

·
Registered
254 Posts
No, the bulbs were OE wattage. Don't know why they would burn any hotter. The terminal was burnt at the connection, more like a "slow" short than extreme heat. Dunno why just one side(the other side was mint) burned, but wanted to pass along the experience.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in my old crx i used the blues and didn't really care for them. i use xenon super whites and have had no ill side effects. visbility is enhanced and they'd better last linger @ $60 a pair!

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
I have these in my car:

http://www.autosupermart.com/shopcart/solaris/solaris.html

Solaris Xenon ultrawhite bulbs. They're very, very white, not blue. They're quite a bit brighter than stock blubs, and they also do a better job of lighting stuff up, generally speaking. I like them a lot. I've had them in for maybe 3 months or so. I recommend them.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I have gone through two sets of harnesses w/ my old bulbs (80 watts=bad news) I finally replaced them w/ the stock bulbs, now my car looks almost stock, and when people ask me about it, I just say "well, I bought it with the rims on it, is it really lowered?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts