SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefuly you guys will understand what I mean. The very end of the injector has this brownish cap on it, and it cracked and broke off on one of my injectors.

Will the injector be fine w/o this? Or time to source another 370cc injector?

·
-
3,560 Posts
Search for "pintle caps." I've never replaced them but others have. I just send my injectors to RC Eng. They include all that with the cleaning.

And yes, they matter.

·
Monkey Power
1,105 Posts
Crim said:
Hopefuly you guys will understand what I mean. The very end of the injector has this brownish cap on it, and it cracked and broke off on one of my injectors.

Will the injector be fine w/o this? Or time to source another 370cc injector?

the injector will work fine with out the plastic pintel cap. it does help hold the lower o-ring in place so it may cause a issue there.

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys. My car would not start once warm, seemed like the injector was leaking into the cylinder flooding it. I would have to unplug that injector start the car on 3cyl and then plug in the last injector.

I reseated the injectors and everything appears good now. My A/F according to my wideband looks right aswell.

Thanks!

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
So you left the cap off?

·
Registered
683 Posts
i always thought it was just to hold the o-ring in. mine broke as well and i left the cracked piece still in there still seated in. not sure if that would affect anything though. car seems to start fine and everything but i haven't driven it.

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
Crim said:
yeah no cap for now, havn't really driven the car since I made this post tho...
I had to remove the intake manifold and fuel rail from someones car the other day, the #2 injector was missing the cap already, the car ran fine before and after I pulled it apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts