SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
You put the tranny all back in? You'll probably warp the pp.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Pressure plate is history. Flywheel will have hot spots on it, and you'll eventually end up losing the clutch, most likely the disk springs. You'll be better off finding a new flywheel and redoing it the right way.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Did it break off or what? That sucks man. It may have longterm consequences....just doesn't sound good.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Don't half ass anything. Especially when it comes to vavle/drivetrain. You will regret it. Have you ever extracted a broken bolt before? It is very simple. If you want I have about 5 stock flywheels and you are more than welcome to come and get one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
how long ago did you do it? i say if it was recently tear it back apart and use an ease-out bit and put a new bolt in. I broke one of those off on my civic and lets just say problems do occur. FIX IT! lol

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
not a good idea to run it like that. you should be able to get that bolt out with a little effort. if not, i also have a couple stock flywheels laying around. one of which is already resurfaced and hasn't been used since.

·
a real egg-head
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good news, i got the broken off bolt out in a matter of minutes. I got a tool from a guy at work that is like a reverse screw, i drilled into the bolt a little then used the tool, it walked right out like nothin.

I am replacing all the bolts, and i wont be using an impact gun to just run them in this time :D

its a fidanza flywheel btw.... so good thing i got it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts