SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is bullshit. How can you allow something to happen for 18years and then one day decide it is too offensive and now against the law? What happened to that one thing...whats it called??? Oh yeah the first amendment. If I didn't like what bubba was doing I wouldn't listen. Thats for me to decide not the gov't.

Stay tuned to see what other rights you have taken away this election year. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
bubba....being bubba whoop ass wilson? im so confused....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good, less talk on the radio. I remember a time when they actually played more music than commercials and talk. This isn't so much about freedom of speech as it is controlling the airwaves. Gotta love the great American corporations! :rolleyes:

·
No soup for you
2,266 Posts
I used to like Bubba. He has gotten a bit outrageous, the last time I listened was hen he encouraged the kid to jump from the hotel balcony. Thats just rediculous.

John

·
Much love for the B-13
593 Posts
F that jerkoff. The love sponge and the whoop azz idiot.

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
What about the rights of the station owners? Don't they have a right to be fed up with his ****?

Good effin riddance. Maybe now I can listen to the station in the morning and not just the afternoon... never could stand the "pud sponge".

I want music, local/national news on the drive to work... not another overpaid asswipe promoting himself.

Peace Out,
Mark

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah, I find it rather amusing he got fired too, I can't stand his show, he is disgusting, annoying and all around obnoxious.
But on the other hand, I have to be just a little bothered by it. I've never been a fan of censorship, and I don't quite understand the reasonings for firing Bubba.(All I saw was the 30 second blurb on the news last night about it).
Honestly I just didn't listen to 98 in the mornings(or now in the afternoon, cause I Never liked the Fiasco from 101.1.)
Really if you didn't like it all you had to do was not listen, and thats what I chose to do. there are plenty of good morning shows and stations that actually bother playing music(97.1!). :)

·
I <3 MILFS
859 Posts
I dont even have radio, so I dont even know what happens. I just hear **** a week later from people.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Bubba Sparxx?

J/K

I liked Bubba. Im tired of MJ.

·
Registered
128 Posts
NX1600lasgen said:
oh, thats why i have no idea :D

i listen to the jerks at 9.49 ZETA!
zeta sucks....i wish i got the buzz, westpalm has got it good.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I remember when he was on 102.7 WEBN here in Cincinnati. I hated that clown! I did see on our local news yesterday that he had been fired. Inside, I smiled a little bit.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just so you guys know, every single radio station listed in this thread is owned by the same company.
97.9 Tampa
94.9 S. Florida
101.1 Central Florida
102.7 Cincinnati
They are all owned by ClearChannel Communications. That company owns 1225 stations nationwide. Their radio stations hold the majority of market share in 90% of the major markets in this country, which means that for most people, this one company can decide what we have the right to hear over the radio. Until 1995 any one company could only own 40 stations nationwide to prevent this very situation, but unfortunately for all of us, some politicians felt the need to extend far greater priviledges to this and other corporations.

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
:rolleyes: So what? Play a cd or cassette if you feel your right to listen to radio is being trampled on. They own the stations, they have the right to play what ever they want, you have the right to change channels or turn it off, period.

If people want the right to listen to what they want, buy a station... but, better yet, buy your own music.

I don't know why people are so upset by how many radio stations they own... they have a lot of different formats. They are an employer, Bubba Hut was an employee... he was fired, employers fire employees all the time, it's their right.

Do you really think you're missing something because Clear Channel owns so many stations, that things would run differently?

Peace Out,
Mark

·
Registered
425 Posts
Have you ever noticed how every single station plays the same songs over and over again? That's because ClearChannel has provides playlists to all their stations. Every pop station in the country plays essentially the same songs no matter where you are. When I drive to the store and hear the same song in the space of 5 minutes, something is wrong. When I hear the same song playing on more than one channel probably 5 or 6 times a week, something is wrong. Does anyone really believe that at any one time there are only 40 songs worthy of being played? No, but it's a lot cheaper for ClearChannel that way. Of course, anyone else trying to write a song is out of luck because they have a snowman's chance in hell of being played on the air. It's unbelieveable how much worse it is than the lone locally owned station where I live. Unfortunately, most stations can't keep up because ClearChannel can run its operation for so much less.

And radio stations aren't just about music either. ClearChannel will also fire you if you say anything against the war on the air. That's not just a company firing an employee, that's censorship. They do not have the right to censor the PUBLIC airwaves. They don't own the frequency they use, the public does. The government allows them to use that frequency with the understanding that it will be used responsibly and for the public good. Last time I checked, censorship is not good for the public. Whether or not you support the war doesn't change the fact that this is a very scary thing going on here. It's also not just in radio but in all forms of media. Media is not just a business.

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
The FM/AM air waves are not public. The private individuals/companies who pay for the license to operate these frequences "own"/control them. They can do pretty much what they damn well please within the FCC's guidelines.

·
Registered
165 Posts
They need to break up the monopoly radio stations.

And somebody needs to regulate the regulating FCC.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Crim said:
The FM/AM air waves are not public. The private individuals/companies who pay for the license to operate these frequences "own"/control them. They can do pretty much what they damn well please within the FCC's guidelines.
Wrong. They do not "own" or "control" them. The Communications Act of 1934, which created the FCC, explicitly states that the frequencies used by radio are owned by the general public, NOT the corporations who operate them. It further states that these corporations must operate them in a manner which is in the best interests of the public. This is a requirement they MUST follow in order to use OUR frequencies. Whether or not the spineless FCC chooses to enforce this requirement is another story. The simple fact is, WE own the airwaves, not some corporation, and we have a right to demand better use or our airwaves. And by the way, the fee those companies pay amounts to about 1% of the profits they make. I think they can afford to start doing what they are required by law to do. Maybe if you read a little more about this you'll see that these companies don't give a crap about you or me or anyone else and as long as you sit back and let them get away with this stuff the more they will try to infringe on our rights.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts