SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when im cruising at about 40-50 in 5th i get like a bucking feeling and the motor slams forward and backward.. yes it is light but it is irrirating... btw its only under partial throttle, as soon as i give it gas it goes away... i figured it was my motor mounts but i just fixed those... also btw i have platinum +4s cause i havent gotten around to getting the NGKs. Is it possible its the boschs or is it just cause of our 4.11 gears?

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
dude, get those stupid boschs outta there. and i guess you could try disconnecting the egr tube and plugging it with a screw or soemting

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Yep, sounds like the EGR. Mine acted just like you described.

The cure on my '93 was what NismoSER suggested: Cut the lines and plug 'em up with screws/bolts.

Now, my EGR is completely gone.

·
Registered
450 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
Yep, sounds like the EGR. Mine acted just like you described.

The cure on my '93 was what NismoSER suggested: Cut the lines and plug 'em up with screws/bolts.

Now, my EGR is completely gone.

</font>

Greg, Any downside in doing this? Anyone. I get the hesitation a bit too with the new header on at low load.

Thx, Erik

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies and a matching child car seat!
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

[This message has been edited by Horus (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was afraid it would be the egr... before i go cutting lines... is there something i can read up on at se-r.net about it? Is there a real fix? Like cleaning it?

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Horus;

The only downside is I went 14.10 @ 99mph on my old single Fogger nitrous setup!

Seriously...there is a cleaning procedure on se-r.net (I think), but I didn't even want to fool with it. So, I just cut the hose and plugged both ends with bolts/screws.

When I converted over to the direct port setup, I removed it entirely.

Now, I've got Rob Williams making a custom intake manifold for me (yea!), and it has no egr provisions at all.

I've yet to get a Check Engine light, btw.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
i cleaned my EGR, **** disconnecting it, that's nasty.
It's easy to do, all you need is some 8 gauge wire like from a stereo install and some carburator/fuel injector cleaner. the procedure for doing this is listed on SE-R.net in the "Problems" section...i recommend cleaning it first, then disconnecting it if you're still bucking and surging under throttle..i cleaned mine out when i got my NX, the hesitation instantly went away..

http://www.se-r.net/car_info/problems/index.html#Surge%20and%20hesitation

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok im still thinking my motor mounts might have something to do with this.. The motor mounts and egr are probably playing off each other but i noticed a difference when i disconnected the egr. So i cleaned it and it seams better but im still getting this a bit of a bucking feeling when i accelerate...Im thinking it is not normal to have the car make 2 "strokes" or bumps when i decelerate or accelerate in gear(1st gear typically but other sometimes) is it my driving method that is doing this or is thier something else i can look at to try to fix it? BTW i just fixed motor mounts with the es inserts. but im not totally satisfied

[This message has been edited by Black93 (edited 10-03-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts