SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i want to get the moost hp possable without buying a turbo or NOS what would b the best way to do this? and what order should i go in? also i found a primera header for $50 would it b worth it to start with that or not?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Intake
header
exhaust
C3 cams w/ sprinrs and what not
ECU when you get the cams
clutch
some other stuff when your done with all that.

MarC

·
Registered
909 Posts
with out the cams and with other cams you would be in the high 14s. With the C3s I would say low 14s

MarC

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I'll add to MarC's list:
Lightweight flywheel
Lightweight/Underdrive pulleys

------------------
1999 Sentra SE [email protected]
PRCAI, ES and homemade motor mounts, JWT S3 cams, Courtesy Rear strut tower bar, ACT S/S clutch, ZEX (JUN) 9.5lb flywheel, Hotshot 3rd Gen header, Shortened Courtesy B-Pipe, Dynomax Ultra-Flo 2.5" muffler (no tip), JWT ECU with S3 program, AGX on stock springs (for now), Axxis metal masters, Motul brake fluid, 91 SE-R drivers seat with 91 SE-R passenger seat lower cushion and 99 SE seat belt buckle
1991 Sentra SE-R in garage on jackstands (for now) with 1999 SE drivers seat

·
Registered
1,928 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by madmoney:
would it be more cost efective to go with a trubo in the end??</font>

Yes, not only will it be cheaper but you'll have more horsepower. The easist setup would probly be the BB DET, keeping the top mount, and the JWT ECU. costing, in parts only, approximatly $2100 - $2500.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
you could do it one of two ways get a det or do a turbo kit. ryan b got 392whp on a stock internal sr20de. me i took another route....check it out for yourself. this is what my car was at the first day i started it up for the first time. recently it has had some major changes.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor
http://www.eiptuning.com/projects/200sxser1stpage.html

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">would it be more cost efective to go with a trubo in the end??</font>
Depends on what your goals are. As I recall you wanted to make the most HP without going turbo or NOS. Now you want to go turbo. Figure out how much money you're willing to spend BEFROE you start! Otherwise your car will turn into a real money pit and quick!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The easist setup would probly be the BB DET, keeping the top mount, and the JWT ECU. costing, in parts only, approximatly $2100 - $2500.</font>
Keep in mind there's a little more involved with the BBDET swap. Right off, you'll need to replace the main bearings. A LOT of SEr.net members have swapped BB DETs only to wind up with spun main bearings. Don't believe me? Check the archives
http://www.se-r-list.org/
Also, unless you plan on driving around without your hood, or you plan on having a hood scoop of some type made, sticking with the TMIC is not a good thing. Ask Mike Jez. He detonated his BB DET that way. Which is also in the archives.
So plan on spending money on a FMIC.

I'm not trying to discourage you. I'm just saying figure out what you want to do. do some research. Set your budget. And when you're ready, have at it.

------------------
Thomas Fox
93 NX2000

[This message has been edited by Subculture (edited 09-05-2001).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts