SR20 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am going to be going turbo soon and I will also be putting NOS on the car most likely a direct port kit. I am thinking about options to building up the motor so that it can take the abuse I am going to be putting on it. I am not all that knowledgable on the sr20 because at the present time i have the qg in my car. I will be putting on a t28/t3 hybrid turbo and like a I said around 75-100 shot of NOs on it. I am looking into gettin s4 cams and a jwt ecu but I wasnt sure what else I should do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

RB

·
Registered
377 Posts
you're definitely going to want to do some searching, this topic has been covered a lot. You may want to start with a stock DET on an engine stand (this will keep you from having down time with your car). The DET's have the oil sprayers under the pistons, and they have lower compression. Depending on boost, a stock DET can handle is fair share of abuse, although, a 75-100 shot of NOS can be brutal. Pistons and rods will probably be a must with that type of a set up. I have S4 cams, they are awesome, JWT just released their S5 cam, which is even more extreme than the S4's and you can still run stock valvetrain.

As far as turbos go, HotShot sells a kit for $3080 that will put you at 340ish horsepower. I am buying my turbo kit from Full-Race, 450hp for $3499. If I were you I would probably get ahold of Mr. Miko and see if he can put a block together for you that will be adaquate for the setup you wish to run. What do you specifically like about the T28/T3? You may want to think about the full ball bearing GT28RS that HS sells

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.