SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a question. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on white gauges for my NX, but I do want the gauges to look more bright and exotic without doing so. I bought some sylvania 194 bulbs for behind the tach and speedo. It consists of 4 194 bulbs. they give off kind of an orangish light at night which is not really what i want. I am looking for something super white. does anyone know a site on the net that I can order some super white 194 bulbs? i heard POLARG was good...and i need a site that accepts paypal, cuz i lost my visa. :p

also, what size bulbs are behind the heat/ac fan controls, i might replace those too..

thanks in advance,

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
I am using some super white bulbs, not sure who makes em, but the dash lighs light up REALLY bright, I love em, I also have them in my Autometer gauges. If you have those bulbs alone in the side markers, they kinda look blue, but in the instrument panel, it just looks bright as hell.

·
Registered
122 Posts
silversx mused:
I don't want to spend a bunch of money on white gauges for my NX, but I do want the gauges to look more bright and exotic without doing so.
You can cover the bulbs with replacement 'condoms' from VDO to change the colour, provided you get the right size. I've done this on my SE-R to all dash bulbs (including clock & HVAC) to turn everything orangey-red, like God (and BMW) intended. =;-)

If this is the route you want to take, lemme know and I'll post source info, part numbers, etc.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
haha, mine already has those (blue) "condoms" on the dash bulbs! :) and of course w/ the titanium gauges it looks even better! :cool:
sorry, i know that doesn't help. but i had to gloat. :D
i say you get the blue covers, they're cheaper and give the same effect. my 2 centamos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts