SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i searched but couldnt find a definate awnser.......how much of my stock bumpstops/dustboots do i cutoff.....im running GCs/ AGX on a b14 thanks

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
StYLez Se-R said:
well i searched but couldnt find a definate awnser.......how much of my stock bumpstops/dustboots do i cutoff.....im running GCs/ AGX on a b14 thanks
Well I can't give you an exact number but I can tell you how you figure out how to do it, or at least this is how we do it on my Formula SAE race team. The general idea is to have your car hit the bumpstops when the suspension bottoms out and have them so long so that the car doesn't hit the ground. Your car obviously won't hit the ground as our racecar does but you don't want it to even get close. So what we do on our coilovers is put the spring perches all the way out, or all the way to the top in your case, and the car will be sitting on the bumpstops. We usually then use our pushrods to adjust the ride height so it does sit on the bumpstops, but since your ride height adjustment has to do with your springs (which at this point are all the way out and can't control the ride height right now) you should increase the length of your bumpstops so your car sits on them. Now I might be completely wrong on how a person would do this on a "real" car but thought maybe I could help some. Good luck.

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
I put ES bumpstops in when I did my GC/AGX's and I cut them down to about 1" from the 1-3/4" that they were before. I think I read on SE-R.net that you don't want them shorter than 1".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts