SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay iv gota load of questions for ya.
First off, stock how will my car run agains Si's or just base DX's etc. Just trying to get a gauage for what im working with.
Second, the stock supension, how good is it, how long will it last under semi harsh conditions, should up lower the car, or upgrade, if so how long will most aftermarket setups last etc. Also are the nis-knacks B14 suspension upgrade setup any good?
Third, whats with those gauage clusters that all those honda guys put on the their pillers, is there any point to that except to look good.
Fourth, are the nis-knacks H4 lamp system any good, is it worth the money when they get some more instock, and what will they look like on the road? are they that blue color?

Fifth, whats the best order to do mods, i was thinking that ill keep my open air box and get headers next then exuast and from there im not sure. What do you guys think are the best combos and order that these mods should be done.
Sixth, im looking for a way to interface with my ECU, i was wondering if anyone had any links to resources where i could get pinout and what not, so i could build a interface that my laptop could use, im not looking for anything extreamly expensive.
Seventh, whats the stock timeing set in the SE Limited's? I know it says on the hood by i got in a frontend so ive got a different hood and i think it may have been from a non SR20DE.
Eight, every time i start my car cold, i hear a loud raddleing come from the tranny i think, its really loud and goes away in about 2-3 seconds. My car is manual.

Thats it for now, im sure ill think up some more questions.

------------------
99 Sentra SE Limited Deep Crystal Blue w/Full Sport Package
Open Air Box, Clear Corners
5.6in TFT Display show MP3 track information and TV/Nintendo 64. Full P166 Mounted in Trunk

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Synx:
Okay iv gota load of questions for ya.
First off, stock how will my car run agains Si's or just base DX's etc. Just trying to get a gauage for what im working with.
Second, the stock supension, how good is it, how long will it last under semi harsh conditions, should up lower the car, or upgrade, if so how long will most aftermarket setups last etc. Also are the nis-knacks B14 suspension upgrade setup any good?
Third, whats with those gauage clusters that all those honda guys put on the their pillers, is there any point to that except to look good.
Fourth, are the nis-knacks H4 lamp system any good, is it worth the money when they get some more instock, and what will they look like on the road? are they that blue color?

Fifth, whats the best order to do mods, i was thinking that ill keep my open air box and get headers next then exuast and from there im not sure. What do you guys think are the best combos and order that these mods should be done.
Sixth, im looking for a way to interface with my ECU, i was wondering if anyone had any links to resources where i could get pinout and what not, so i could build a interface that my laptop could use, im not looking for anything extreamly expensive.
Seventh, whats the stock timeing set in the SE Limited's? I know it says on the hood by i got in a frontend so ive got a different hood and i think it may have been from a non SR20DE.
Eight, every time i start my car cold, i hear a loud raddleing come from the tranny i think, its really loud and goes away in about 2-3 seconds. My car is manual.

</font>
Ok, I'll take them one at a time:

1. You should be dead even or lose by very little with stock Civic Si's. You will focking rape stock DX's though.

2. The stock suspension is OK for daily driving. For auto-x or road racing, forget it. It is way too floaty. I have not heard much about the Nis-Knacks springs, but they make good products so I'm sure they are decent.

3. The gauge clusters on those pillars (barring the occasional rice-boy with fake ones) monitor Air/Fuel mixture and Oil pressure, among other things.

4. The H4 lights are a matter of personal opinion, it's up to you to decide if you like them or not. I personally would love a set.

5. Mod your car this way. I this process is best:

1. Cold air intake
2. Hotshot header
3. UR pulleys
4. JWT cams
5. JWT ECU
6. Cat-back exhaust

6. Can't help you there. Check the SE-R.net archives.

7. Stock timing is around 12-13 degrees.

8. Your tranny is not making noise. It is start-up clatter, very common in the SR20DE. Your pistons are tapping until enough oil pressure is built to fully lubricate the internals of the engine. All my SE-R's have done it, my brother's MR2 does it as well. It is very common and nothing to worry about unless it becomes severe.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

------------------
Stormy
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your response, that helps greatly. Ah yes one more question, i have been running HID style 80/100W bulbs in my headlamp houseing for over 2months now, just the other day the right side light keeps going out, i have to shake at the wire harness to get it to come back on and then it will go out again the next day. Have i ruined my wire harnesses with the high wattage rateing. If so where can i get better wire harnesses. As a side no, there is no melting on my lamp houseing thus far.

G

·
0 Posts
It's possible that you may have. I had the exact same problem with my headlights when I tried to run the higher wattage bulbs. Eventually, all of my headlights went out, and I had to have the dealer re-solder some of the wires; they melted the plastic housings as well. Stay away from those bulbs!

------------------
1999 SE Limited: JWT POP, NGK Wires, OBX Muffler 2.25" exhaust, Hotshot header, Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, 17 deg. timing

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoa, well thanks for the note, i guess ill check it out this weekend, and maby get a wireharness upgrade or just take out the bulbs and put the stock back in. God now i really want those H4 units from nis-knacks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts