SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since one of my foglights burned out i was wondering what experience anyone has had with different bulbs.. im not replacing the whole assembly yet but i might as well try for a little more light since im there. I dont care what the color looks like i just want the most light in front of me i can get for a decent price.

·
My Car is My Mistress
189 Posts
I have the same problem. I told myself when the bulb burns out again, which it did I would try something other than oem. The only company I can think of is PIAA. Courtsey Nissan has a fog light upgrade kit. http://www.courtesyparts.com/secondtier_b13.html

------------------
92ser h/i/e ecu and some other goodies

·
Registered
858 Posts
toucan as well as other companies make the same light bulbs filled with xenon gas and have a light blue (Tint) on the bulb so when it lights up, it will loo just like the halogen headlight. I put these bulbs in the corner lamps instead of yellow and it looks great. also for the backup lights, much brighter but they use the same wattage as oe so it wont damage lenses or wiring. A pair of any size bulb goes for 10-12 bucks. they have ALL the bulbs for our cars even dash! try em yhey look good.

·
Registered
858 Posts
get the xenon gas filled bulbs from toucan.same wattage but same color and brightness as halogen head lights.look great on corners and dash lights as well as backup brightness a pair goes for 10 bucks. trust me you'll like em'.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/4"ID test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
get the xenon gas filled bulbs from toucan.same wattage but same color and brightness as halogen head lights.look great on corners and dash lights as well as backup brightness a pair goes for 10 bucks. trust me you'll like em'.

</font>
Where's toucan? Does it have a web-site?

------------------
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
I've gone through a few sets, and they're pretty easy to replace. You don't even have to unbolt anything if you get down on the ground. Just be sure to get the same wattage as the stockers, otherwise you could have a problem- the wires are pretty close to just the right gauge and if you get high power bulbs the wires can overheat easily. Someone on the mailing list had this problem a few years back.

------------------
-=Matt=- 97 SE-R 94,000smiles+, POP, custom 2.25" exhaust, ACT, Shifter, ST sways, AV22VFs (new!)

·
Registered
858 Posts
I get the bulbs at a place that sells neon lights rims and audio stuff.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Registered
858 Posts
www.toucanindustries.com
optauto.com
Razo also makes them just get a magazine cause the sell them in all the import car mags super white.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts