SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have gone back to newbie status with this one -

at the dragway, do you put your front tires in the water box, and do the burnout inside it? or do you roll through it, and do a burnout after you get out?

i have never done a burnout there before, obviously. i have street tires so i just avoid the water. and i never really paid attention to other racers

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I usaully try to do my best to go around the water box, and then do a light spin of the tires to get all of dirt and rocks off of them.

-Kevin

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i usually just drive around it as well, but if i ever got slicks or somethin... i dont know where to actually "burn out" lol

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
NuttyNate said:
well i usually just drive around it as well, but if i ever got slicks or somethin... i dont know where to actually "burn out" lol

Haha, ok gotcha. Most people i see burnout in the water box and then keep the tires spinning as they come out.

·
old school
504 Posts
On slicks, I used to roll through and immediately do a burnout after. I wouldn't sit in the box burning out unless there was barely any water in it. On street tires, always drive around it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Some roll thru and burn out. Others do a light spin to wet the entire tire and roll out into a full burn out.

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
hehehehe im a big ricer! haha... i used to go to the track with my celica.. that car was slow as crap so i didnt care, i went in to the water and did a hug burnout... lotta smoke.. but who cares right? i was just having fun... it was cool though

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
i hear,... on slicks you wanna pull into the water and just burn out, till the slicks pull you out. that's when they are heated up correctly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I jsut went on my first drag last night, I gues the first time I riced it up a bit, (I had noone to tel me these things :D ) and I did a nice little burnout in the box, then I my second time I did one outside of the box and my time was 2 tenths faster.

MY times are incredibly slow my second time was 16.8 but I have a box with 12's in my trunk, and I have suspension, intake, and exhaust. I also believe I'm leaking a bit from my header, so that is my next mod, so I want to be a little quicker. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts