SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my plugs and the porcelin above the threads is light brown for about 1 centimeter. Do i need hotter plugs or what?
Is this normal?

I have the bosch regular platinums.
not the +4.

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
dude, ditch the bosch... they suck @$$.

Get NGK Resistor types. Great plugs, long life.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the Nissan Service Guy almost flipped when I told him I had bosches in there.
Excuse me, Mr goodwrench.
So I bought NGK's and we'll see tonight when I get off work how "Spidey" runs.

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
Registered
858 Posts
O.K what's up X honduh owner. the color you want is a light tan to chocolate brown plug with no eroded or melted parts on the plug. Platinums are good if you drive like an old man but in an se-r it won't happen. get NGK brk6e or bkr6e plugs and gap them at .032 and you'll be on the money. the gap clearance is from .031-.035 so even .031 is good as they will wear on you in time. standard plugs are cheap too like 1.50 each. compared to plats 4$ and up each. I know some will say other wise but I have never used plats and have had no problems but do have to change them often every 15,000 or less due to honduh whippin' mostly and racin'.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
858 Posts
if you get the chilton or haynes manual at a big autoparts store , they have a big picture of how to read the spark plugs and know how your joint is running and all! compare yours to the picture and tune, tune, tune! standard is good enough for running hard in the streets!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
big "b" in da house!!!
( brooklyn)
thanks dogg!!!

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts