SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NASA #92 PTD
120 Posts
Well, there was me... yeah, that's about it. Luckily Johnny Pagg blew up his honda on friday, so he ran his 944 in PTD, so i at least got to beat 1 car. Not much in PT at Buttonwillow. 1 PTA, 3 PTB (1 was PTC), 2 PTD, and 4 PTE (1 was PTF).

How was it in SE-R Cup we never had less than 4 cars?

Anyone going to be at Willowsprings next weekend?

·
NASA #92 PTD
120 Posts
Tom is running HC (his car was a rental at CalSpeedway)
Tim was selling his car for other reasons
Kojima is on the disabled list(?)
Annie is running a limited number HPDE/TT with Chuck
Jason, not sure where he went - i thought he was going to run Enduro's
Matt/Phil, apparently sitting out the season
Rockwood/Martin were at CalSpeedway and should be back at the next Buttonwillow event
Donno was at CalSpeedway, i know he doesn't like going to Butonwillow
Stu's cars? Stu was at CalSpeedway
Eric and the Jared car?
???

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, our car is still recovering from the motor swap. I should be firing her up tomorrow, hopefully...

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Well, there was me... yeah, that's about it. Luckily Johnny Pagg blew up his honda on friday, so he ran his 944 in PTD, so i at least got to beat 1 car. Not much in PT at Buttonwillow. 1 PTA, 3 PTB (1 was PTC), 2 PTD, and 4 PTE (1 was PTF).

How was it in SE-R Cup we never had less than 4 cars?

Anyone going to be at Willowsprings next weekend?
5 cars in PTE on Saturday. The "F" car in question was a Pro7. Not sure if it really was an F car or an E car, but it ran in E.

And yes, we'll be there in PTE in our "traitor" car. :)

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
We will be back for the next event.

BTW: Speedtrials is going to have a two day event on the 26th and 27th at Streets and we'll be out there shaking the car down. There are plenty of advanced group spots left if any of you want to join the fun.

·
Cuddles with his SR20s
561 Posts
we are still having tranny problems but im in the middle of rebuilding another one so we wont make it out there this weekend. but should be at the next event. Stu is getting ready for his world challenge race in utah on the 19th.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, we put a hole in the block in Vegas, but should still make the next event... :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
If there's a record for holes in blocks I've gotta be in the running. I've holed 5 blocks since Novemeber. I can't seem to get any rods to play well...I was done at Buttonwillow friday afternoon. That's 3 blocks at Buttonwillow not to mention my new ported head.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah...

First one was the 130k mile motor that came with the car. We forgot to tighten the distributor, boom!

Second one had a clogged oiling port in one of the cam journals, so I didn't want to install a brand new set of cams in there.

Third one just let go. Probably a rod or something. I pulled the valve cover, the entire valvetrain is intact, so I didn't drop a valve...

·
Cuddles with his SR20s
561 Posts
i might have a block for sale soon. the motor i just got has a bad head so i dont know if ill sell the block or get a diff head.

Are you guys running stock rods?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've currently got a redhead block that's still good. I'm hoping that it's the same as a silverhead block. It soon will be the next contestant on the rod is blown!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts