SR20 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Naji hurry up and get these so i can decide to get them! hehe.. btw, how do you guys think these cams will perform with nitrous? and how much are the cam gears gonna run us?

------------------
markp
red200sxser
non vtec

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mapball:
Naji hurry up and get these so i can decide to get them! hehe.. btw, how do you guys think these cams will perform with nitrous? and how much are the cam gears gonna run us?
</font>
I am just waiting for JWT to make them available. I have the ECU in my office as we speak. I am just waiting for the cams. I will install them once I get them and then I will do the ECU swap and retrofit. I am also getting some cam gear since the C3s are very sensitive to timing. I will buy some dyno time and tune the car. And then I will go kick some ass at Willow Springs raceway. That is the raceway where I was hitting the rev and speed limiter multiple times. I will exact my revenge
Bwaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
He's right though, rod bearing are a pretty weak link.....</font>
This is really not an issue as long as you take care of your engine with tregular oil change and flushing every 30K.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">well that and 3rd gear....</font>
Unless you are turboed, you do not have to worry about that. The tranny will hold fine if your under 200 crank hp. You can also cryo treat and shotpeen the gears for extra strength like I did.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">oooh and lack of suspension travel.......lol</font>
That also has a solution. Shortened struts or motivational rear mounting plates. I have tried both these solutions and they work very well.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Ok well I knew there were solutions to those three problems, but I was just talking about a stock SR20.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I am just waiting for JWT to make them available. I have the ECU in my office as we speak. I am just waiting for the cams. I will install them once I get them and then I will do the ECU swap and retrofit. I am also getting some cam gear since the C3s are very sensitive to timing. I will buy some dyno time and tune the car.</font>
Sweet. I really want to see how they perform in a low port. If you could plot your car with S3 vs C3 I would like to see that, see if it holds up as well as Rob's did. Also the dyno runs with different cam gear settings.

Any chance you could post a sound file of your exhaust before you remove the S3s?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts