SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Times for there C3 cams? With just headers intake and exhaust no head work or compression...really intrested in seeing what they do in the quartermile.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well seeing what I read it appears that Terrin ran 16.1 in the quartermile with C3 cams in a car that runs 15.7 stock ...hmm

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
****n A. I ran a 16.1 on my first run with the lightened flywheel. Does everyone think I'm a shitty ass driver? Paul, I would hope you saw my 15.0 runs and saw me trophy that same night I ran. I'm not a shitty drag racer. I ran a [email protected] hitting the rev limiter with Intake/Header/Exhaust. It's not that I am not bothering to tune it. I haven't had a chance. I will be there with Naji this Saturday to tune the car. Everyone thinks I'm running a 16.1 because ****tards like Andrew keep misleading people and talking ****.

No one understand's me and Naji's frustration because you are not in our situations. JWT has not been a help and it is probably because they are too busy.

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
Hey Jordan, I guarantee each and everyone in here would be bitching about their cams if they bought cams and they were way down on power. I guess Andrew would be the only who wouldn't complain. I know you, Jordan, are one of the ones closely watching me and Naji's progress to help aid your decision whether or not to buy these cams. If we both hit 170 whp, wouldn't you expect power somewhere around there? But Andrew thinks that I expected too much out of these cams. I'm sorry if I'm a bit irked but even Paul is misled in my situation by Andrew. He's making it seem like I don't care and I'm not bothering to tune it. I haven't gotten a chance to and Mike Kojima has been incredibly busy. That does not mean I'm not bothering to tune it. That's bullshit.

Terrin
92 SE-R

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SR20loper:
Does anyone have Times for there C3 cams? With just headers intake and exhaust no head work or compression...really intrested in seeing what they do in the quartermile.</font>
IIRC Rob ran a 14.7 (I do not know the trap speed) with the C3 cams. He was running a road racing alignment and according to him that affected the time.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
C3 cams are RACE cams. They aren't really developed to be something you just throw in and go. The emphasize high-high-end power and low end will suffer greatly. Terrin's car is not a good representation of the potential of C3's as he didn't bother tuning the car on a dyno or anything. If you're not going to bother with taking time to tune these cams on your own then pass them by. Naji will be getting his cams tuned on the dyno by Mike and Rob this Saturday so save judgement till then.

Also, they have made great power for a racer named dgerryts on this board. But he had to do 2 dyno sessions before he saw real gains.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I have to commend Terrin and Naji for their attempts to be innovative and forking over the cash for these cams. The trials and tribulations they'll go through will pave the way for future SR20 owners who want these kick ass cams.

But, I really hope people don't start buying these cams and hope to run fast times on a drag strip. I don't think it'll happen. Too much torque is sucked away with the cams lower in the rev range and that will make launching hard. As we all know, the launch is EVERYTHING in a drag race. I think JWT is doing the right thing by saying they are race only cams. They really are...they make their insane power over 5500 rpms, where you spend nearly 80-85% of your time on a road course.

If you want to be fast on a drag strip, fork over the $1200 for JWT's NOS system. The 50 shot will get you 13s on slicks, the 100 shot will get you 12s. Simple.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
a slow [email protected] on JWT 50 shot
Bay Area, CA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts