·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just failed my smog test (dyno type) here are my results

I failed in NO (PPM)

at 15mph 711 max - 1197 measured failed

at 25mph 754 max - 628 measured passed

Oh yeah the tech said my fuel cap failed and the ign timming was off. Besides giving my car a full tune up, plugs cap, rotor wires, and checking timming. what other recommedations do my fellow Cali SE-Rs suggest? TIA

Rod

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Clean your EGR - I am going through smog issues myself. At 15mph, my NO was 2032, but cleaning it brought it back down to passing levels. Now to just pass HCs...

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
since were on that subject of smog failing.. maybe you guys can help me
i got 885 on the 15mph on a max of 815 with the NO(PPM)
i got 735 on the 25mph on a max of 754 with the NO(PPM)
this is in california

sorry if i hijacked the thread

·
SE-R Protection League
1,242 Posts
The NOx on my car was 2212ppm at 15mph and 1390ppm at 25 mph.

I checked the cat and found out the mesh inside the cat fell apart.

After I replaced the cat, the NOx dropped to 196ppm at 15mph and 232ppm at 25mph.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
989 Posts
JCCT said:
The NOx on my car was 2212ppm at 15mph and 1390ppm at 25 mph.

I checked the cat and found out the mesh inside the cat fell apart.

After I replaced the cat, the NOx dropped to 196ppm at 15mph and 232ppm at 25mph.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for replacing your cat. That was your problem.

·
Registered
527 Posts
What octane are you guys running when smogging? I'm hearing different opinions. 87 or 91?

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
i just found out that a chevron out here is advertising 92... so i assume it HAS to be 92, i started using that and my gas mileage has changed haha i replaced my cat, i will be going to get a smog soon but i need to get rid of this check engine light, i have already reset the ecu but the light came on like 2 minutes after i was driving, went home pulled them again and it gave me 5,5 then i reset it and i checked it again and it gave me the tps so now i cant get rid of it and i dont know how to fix it, i want to go do the dealer for them to fix it but they will take forever and then charge me an arm and a leg to fix it

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I do have a turbo car, but I have another SE-R for daily driving. I just got the DD SE-R to pass smog today! Woohoo!

Nice looking SE-R - your Momo steering wheel now rests in my turbo SE-R. :)

·
SE-R Protection League
1,242 Posts
That CF hood looks great.
Let's do a SFBAM geek-out in the near future and check-out that hood in person.

·
Registered
989 Posts
JCCT said:
That CF hood looks great.
Let's do a SFBAM geek-out in the near future and check-out that hood in person.
Yeah, let me know. SFBAM meet, i would like to see some other SE-R's in Nor Cal.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
forsureee get some of that emissions clean crap! get ur timming down to like 14 13 if you want to push it! run your car hellllllllaaaaa hard before you get to the place...

i just went through the same thing like 2 weeks ago to pass and i fail the first and then i put that emissions clean in a bottle crap in from car parts store. then i cleaned the cat alittle too.. but i went out rightt before the test and i smaaaasshhedd the hell out of the engine! then ran up didnt turn the car off and said im ready! and i helllla passed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts