SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone was telling me i could swap on the CA18det head onto my sr20de block, is that ture and is there a point to it, what would that do for me, any benifits and are thos heads are to come by or what??? feed back everyone please :D

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
spoolin2o said:
someone was telling me i could swap on the CA18det head onto my sr20de block, is that ture and is there a point to it, what would that do for me, any benifits and are thos heads are to come by or what??? feed back everyone please :D
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Who told you that? I myself have never heard of anything like that. :eek:

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
There was just a thread on this, search... Andreas commented that it could be done, but would require some kind of machining valve wise, but would increase the compression ratio conssiderably...

Search, its your buddy..

Chris

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
Even so, before you do it, first see how much it'll cost and how much you'll gain. The question isn't can it be done, but how will it cost to be done. ;)

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
Okay so an SR18DE does exist??

·
BANNED!!eleven
840 Posts
the only benefit i can think of is the mechanical valvetrain, which means higher revs when you have the proper tuning, no valve float, because there's nothing to float :). i would like to see this done.
johnny wangwang, i wanna say ive read that theres also a sr diesel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts