SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BOOST OR GO HOME!!!!!
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES THE CA18DET FIT INTO THE NX2000? IS THE MOTOR FOR FWD? IF IT IS WHICH ONE DO YOU THINK IS BETTER? CA18DET OR SR20DET?

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
I've never heard of someone putting a Ca18det into a B13 chasis car, but it's very possible. We have one that we just took out of our B12 to put the sr20det in it. Might sell if someone has the right offer.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
There's a thread goin on at the 240sx message boards about ca vs sr motors. 240sx.org then follow the link to their new message board. you'll learn lots.. too bad you'lll find out the CA motor doesn't fit in the NX. it does fit in a 240sx tho.

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
What are you guys talking about? The ca18 was the sr20 before the sr20 came out. And just like the sr20 it came in AWD versions and RWD. And like the sr20 the ca18 came in turbo versions also.
I think the ca18det can fit in the NX,but why would you want it, I don't know. Parts are expenive and only from over seas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hmmm, I can't think of a 4WD that the CA came in, SR20 D12 can you tell us which it is?

The CA is a very good motor and there are quite a few people who argue it is better than the SR. Certainly there are some technical aspects where it is better (all CA's had quad throttle bodies etc) but IMO the SR is a fundamentally better motor. I've only driven one CA car, and that was a 180sx ('90 240sx hatch in the US) that was putting out 550-600hp. Yes, that particular motor was f*cking fantastic.

In comparison to the old SR's which you guys use I don't think there's too much in it between the two. Big advantage to the SR is that it would be much easier to fit as it came in more configurations and there is much more expoeriance out there with it. It also is a pretty old motor now as it was superceded over 10 years ago, and what examples still remain generally have had more than a bit of boost and exhaust in their lifetime.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
The CA18DET cam in the Bluebird U12. There was also a CA18DET-R which had a top mount intercooler with a .86 AR turbine housing. The years this motor cam out was 87-91. This motor cam AWD, FWD and in the case of the 180SX it came rear wheel drive. I know alot about these motors because I have bought them and have put them in a couple 86-90 Pulsars and B12 Sentras.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Andreas Miko:
The CA18DET came in the Bluebird U12. There was also a CA18DET-R which had a top mount intercooler with a .86 AR turbine housing. The years this motor cam out was 87-91. This motor cam AWD, FWD and in the case of the 180SX it came rear wheel drive. I know alot about these motors because I have bought them and have put them in a couple 86-90 Pulsars and B12 Sentras. </font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts