SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naji, you really scared me with the bit about using a 5-point harness with out a roll-cage. I myself have a 5-point RJS harness that I use without a cage. I never ever thought about your argument against them, but now I pretty much agree. I have not yet done any track events, only a few auto-crosses and mainly drag racing, so I don't use the harness much anwyays. But thanks for the heads up on the dangers of that.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies
www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Yea, I've got a racing seat and am holding off on getting the belts until I put the cage in. Having a race seat or a harness is a great excuse to call up autopower.

Thanks for the writeup Naji, I read it a few days ago.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Naji, you really scared me with the bit about using a 5-point harness with out a roll-cage. I myself have a 5-point RJS harness that I use without a cage. I never ever thought about your argument against them, but now I pretty much agree. I have not yet done any track events, only a few auto-crosses and mainly drag racing, so I don't use the harness much anwyays. But thanks for the heads up on the dangers of that.
</font>
I am glad I could help. Stop using your Harness, please. If you do not want to get a full cage, then get a roll bar and then use the harness. Otherwise, stick with your regular seat belt.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toddles82:
Is the roll over incident you are referring to the Contour?</font>
That was one, and there was BMW M3 that was posted about that totally pancaked. The roof was level with the dashboard. But both driver and passanger were able to duck away from the collapsing roof and they were not hurt. Only bruises and scratches. Had they were using harnesses, I assure you they would have died. I saw the pictures. It was very scary, indeed.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
I did a write-up for those prepping their cars for racing. It is on my site under the "Misc" section of the table of contents. Check it out. My site addy is in my sig

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist

1 - 6 of 6 Posts