SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard from 2 different people that the 2004 rules allow Fenderwell modification to allow the use of a CAI ie AEM Cold Air.. I have not been able to confirm this in any of the FastTrack publications i have read nor have I gotten the 2004 rulebook. Can anyone here confirm this?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
SoloII SE-R said:
I have heard from 2 different people that the 2004 rules allow Fenderwell modification to allow the use of a CAI ie AEM Cold Air.. I have not been able to confirm this in any of the FastTrack publications i have read nor have I gotten the 2004 rulebook. Can anyone here confirm this?
I got one, I can check at lunch.

You wouldn't happen to run a Maroon SE-R hmm?

·
Registered
52 Posts
SoloII SE-R said:
No mods allowed. Period. Check out the discussion on SCCAForums.com:

in STS/STX Section, topic - 14.2 E Clarified -

http://www.sccaforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=000727

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
well... guess i won't be competing Nationally then...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yeah with attitudes like that it's not worth it to drive hours for a National event IMO.

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
I just can't go to nationals. 14 hr drive, couple thousand dollars, for 6 mins of seat time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
January FastTrack, Solo II, Tech Bulletins, item 6) is directed at Street Touring and modifies GCR 10.14.B to read in part "The existing structure of the car may not be modified for the passage of ducting from the air cleaner to the engine inlet."

Why all this rumor and innuendo when five minutes at the SCCA web site shows this, straight from the horse's mouth?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Slartibartfast said:
January FastTrack, Solo II, Tech Bulletins, item 6) is directed at Street Touring and modifies GCR 10.14.B to read in part "The existing structure of the car may not be modified for the passage of ducting from the air cleaner to the engine inlet."

Why all this rumor and innuendo when five minutes at the SCCA web site shows this, straight from the horse's mouth?
I am on this years STAC and I can tell you that it is not allowed. We are trying to prevent rules creep, but I am going to try to get something allowed. If you guys start a letter writing campaign to the SEB we might try to get a change again. I know that they put a lot of stock in petitions from members.

Art
2004 SCCA STAC

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Trys_Hard said:
I am on this years STAC and I can tell you that it is not allowed. We are trying to prevent rules creep, but I am going to try to get something allowed. If you guys start a letter writing campaign to the SEB we might try to get a change again. I know that they put a lot of stock in petitions from members.

Art
2004 SCCA STAC
this is true as they did finally allow motor mount inserts.. i thought i had read previously that they were gonna allow *minor* modification for CAIs. it is unfair in the sense that not all cars need to modify the fender to allow the CAI but others (SE-Rs) need a minor *bending* for proper fitment.

is there an email addy i can send some comments to?

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
Scarpa said:
Yeah with attitudes like that it's not worth it to drive hours for a National event IMO.
what attitudes? i don't make nationals but i compete in National Level events in my area.. for example the ProSolo is here next weekend and i am competing in that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts