SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I got a used cai set I assume all connections vacuum hoses would be good but If I removed the air box along with eveything attached to it to the throttle body but the cai has only 3 connection my 93 I counted four including that 2 inch diameter attached to a triangular plastic piece beneath it any how can someone direct me to a site that will go into details step by step on how I should this,,,

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
That plastic box is a resinator...If it doesnt have that connection...its better. It also shouldnt have the connection to the AIV box on the front of the engine. So gota get a baby k&n filter for it. Search for baby k&n kevin hart and a part number should come up somewhere

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a weapon R intake breather from Summit for 16$ on my 93 and wrapped it in some teflon tape, and used a worm-gear clamp to torque it down to the AIV hose. Just follow the directions! They're pretty straight forward, and, if you have a Dremel or another rotary tol, it shouldn't take longer than three hours for install....BTW, I notched the battery tray to get the tube to fit, if you're curious...

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by luu00800:
ok I got a used cai set I assume all connections vacuum hoses would be good but If I removed the air box along with eveything attached to it to the throttle body but the cai has only 3 connection my 93 I counted four including that 2 inch diameter attached to a triangular plastic piece beneath it any how can someone direct me to a site that will go into details step by step on how I should this,,,</font>
Just trash that tube with the triangular box that sits on top of the clutch cable bracket. It is just there for sound. Most people who just have a POP block it off with an anti-freeze bottle cap.

·
Registered
466 Posts
A Gatorade cap works good too. Of course, I don't have to worry about that anymore, huh Kevin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts